Hotel Las Palmas
$260
$199
Official Hotel
  • Breakfast included
Ixchel Beach Hotel(Isla Mujeres)(Great Value!)
$364
$220
Official Hotel
Nautibeach Condos(Isla Mujeres)
$240
$144
Na Balam Beach Hotel(Isla Mujeres)
$255
$207
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
Isla Mujeres Palace(Isla Mujeres)
$570
$498
Hotels.com
Hotel Plaza Almendros(Isla Mujeres)(Great Value!)
$76
$43
  • Pool
Hotel Rocamar(Isla Mujeres)(Great Value!)
$107
$80
Hotel Bahia Chac Chi(Isla Mujeres)(Great Value!)
$86
$77
  • Breakfast included
Casa de los Suenos(Isla Mujeres)
$269
$229
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsdipping poolother guestsrooftop patiohome away from homecommunal kitchenowner katebudget roomopen air kitchenbeautiful rooffelt like homecommon spacenew friendscommunal areaspillow toptwo blockslocation location locationbeach towels
Reviewed August 6, 2010

My wife and I had a terrible experience staying at this hotel. Although I would say it was more like hostel or "bed and breakfast" (without the breakfast). It was extremly loud and with very un-proffessional service.

The owners and their friends wondered about the place as though it was a personal gathering space. Many times in the court yard you felt you were intruding into someones living room. It was very uncomfortable.

The noise traveled upwards to all the rooms so rarely would it be quite. Many mornings I woke up (7am) to the construction going on next door (which were the owners construction site). Onetime a worker was hammering the concrete right next to my window. He could look right in and see my wife and I laying in bed. When I raised my concern/complaint to the owners it was viewed as an inconvenience.

This made our trip very unpleasant at times. There are other hotels in the Island that provide better value and service. I would not recommend staying here.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
7  Thank MB604
Reviewed August 4, 2010

My husband, my 3 year old daughter, and I happened upon this quirky little hotel while wandering the streets of Isla Mujeres one day. Safari greeted us with her beautiful smile and invited us in to take a look at the hotel, even though we already had a place to stay. By the end of our 'tour' of the hotel, we decided to stay there the next night. And am I glad we did. Jean and Safari are the kindest souls you could ever meet, the room was more than clean, it was quiet and restful, the beds were incredibly comfortable, the interior courtyard was immaculate, the rooftop terrace with the pool was delightful, and we finally got a chance to relax.

And, when our daughter got a very high fever and had to be tested for Dengue Fever, our hosts were more than helpful and supportive. The whole environment at Hotel Las Palmas was calm and relaxing and allowed for our daughter to get the rest she needed to heal from her illness and allowed for us to rest as well.

If you need information or help with what to do and see on the island, Jean and Safari are also very knowledgable. They don't have room service but they made sure my husband and I were taken care of as we focused on healing our daughter. So they DO go out of their way to take care of their guests.

I never saw or experienced any of the complaints that were highlighted in the few negative reviews posted here. I would HIGHLY recommend this hotel if you are an open, caring, sociable person who welcomes appropriate interaction and attention from your hosts. This is NOT and All-Inclusive, snooty pituty type of hotel, it is a darling, clean, safe, home away from home. So if you are not into that, and prefer snooty, this place would not be for you.

Our one night trip to Isla Mujeres turned into 5 nights and even though our daughter got sick, we have been reminded that in the world, there ARE kind souls.We also met some nice new friends, also kind, warm souls, from Tucson and look forward to keeping in touch with them.

BTW, our little one didn't have Dengue Fever, it was an infection in her throat and she is on her way to a full recovery!
All in all we had a great time and I can say that our hosts at Hotel Las Palmas made sure that happened!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank karynhelen
Reviewed July 29, 2010

Kudos to Las Palmas: Jean, our lovely British hostess, and owners Safari, Ivan, and little Dania. They welcomed us, tutored us in the best of Isla, shared and loaned what they had (snorkeling equipment, sunscreen, cooking utensils) and treated us like family. Perfect location: close to downtown and the beach! We felt very safe here and had the most relaxing vacation ever:)

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 25, 2010

I've been to Mexico and Isla Mujeres many times since 1975 and if you want to stay in a very clean, charming, and safe hotel, Las Palmas is Number 1 on my list. My son and I walked into the courtyard of Las Palmas and we were immediately greeted by one of the managers, Jean, who showed us the rooms and the hotel... I was sold right away. Las Palmas has tons of charm and personality.
We met one of the owners, Safari, and she and Jean are very genuine people who will make you feel special and appreciated. If you want to experience genuine hospitality and make your trip more meaningful, stay at Las Palmas. I will definitely be back.

• Stayed: July 2010
2  Thank CalixtoRMan
Reviewed July 8, 2010

We had a wonderful time on Isla Mujeres and at Hotel Las Palmas. There's not a brighter, cheerier, cleaner, more friendly hotel to be found on the island. The beds are extremely comfortable, the rooms have lots of storage space and nice bathrooms, and you're two blocks from the best beaches and restaurants on Isla. Safari and Kate (and Jean) know as much about the island as anyone and they always have ideas about what to do and where to go. A great hotel to meet people too, if that's what you want. Someone is always hanging out on the roof or in the courtyard.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family