“Exactly whan we wanted”
Review of Hotel Las Palmas

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Isla Mujeres
Hotel Las Palmas
Ranked #12 of 37 Hotels in Isla Mujeres
Reviewed March 30, 2009

Stayed 6 night at Las Palmas over spring break after reading the great reviews on tripadvisor and were not dissapointed. Very friendly and helpful owners who really know the island. We loved the mexican stylings of the hotel and the courtyard where you get to meet visitors from all over the world. Our room was clean with comfortable beds a ceiling fan and A/C. The loncharia across the street was great for breakfasts and the hotel is only a block from the beach. We booked by e mail after contactiog previous trip advisor reviewers to get the address. They now have a web site www.laspalmasonisla.com
If we were returning to the island we would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank korro
There are newer reviews for Hotel Las Palmas

Reviewed March 10, 2009

I stayed at the Hotel Las Palmas with a friend during the last two weeks of February. The Hotel was selected through an Internet search. Our stay there was fantastic and will certainly lead to future visits. If you are looking for an upscale, sterile, impersonal hotel this is not for you. If you enjoy travelling to meet people and share experiences then this will be right up your alley.
This is a small, Mexican style family run Hotel. The Hotel was extensively renovated in 2008 and opened for business in January 2009. There are 12 rooms, all with air conditioning and private washrooms with showers. The rooms are basic, clean, comfortable and well maintained. There are no fridges or coffee makers in the rooms at this time. The hotel has three floors. The first floor has a wonderful inviting courtyard and some ground floor rooms. The second floor is all rooms. The third floor is a beautiful deck with lounge chairs, tables, electrical plugins, hammocks, beautiful plants and most wonderful of all a dipping pool. This is a spacious, relaxing space that invites you to hang out and kick back. It was well used during our stay.
The real pleasure of this hotel are the owners and the ambience. The owners are a Canadian family that work hard to make you feel at home and ensure that your needs are met. Coffee and baked goods are offered in the morning for those that wish.
The ritual of morning coffee in the beautiful courtyard with fellow guests and the owners is a special treat not to be missed. It was a time to meet new people, exchange information, find out about local attractions and tell some tales.
There is a wonderful Mexican market and breakfast stalls right across the street.. The Hotel is a minute from the famous Playa Norte and a minute away from an endless array of restaurants, bars, shops and whatever.
I met some wonderful new friends during my stay and this was made possible by the owners commitment to creating an inviting and friendly atmosphere that promoted engagement, discussion and lots of laughs.
This Hotel is quickly getting a reputation as an interesting place to stay while on the Island. It is gaining popularity as a long stay hotel for those visitors wishing to feel they are in a home away from home.
Continuing best of luck and I will be back.
Mike Hatfield, Tsawwassen, B.C. Canada

2  Thank MALTESEPENQUIN
Reviewed March 9, 2009

After a roundtrip in Yucatan my wife and I stayed three nights in Las Palmas. It is a nice quiet hotel near the beach (5 minute walk) under friendly management of Canadian Kate and her daughters. In the morning you can get coffee and that is it! Breakfast opposite the hotel and dining is a 5 minute walk.
You want to know facts about the island? Ask Kate!
Paul Marks, The Netherlands

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mx5Venlo
Reviewed March 4, 2009

Sometimes, some people expect too much. Sometimes, people think that what makes a vacation, is a huge room with marble floors, a big tv, a bed large enough to park an SUV and a bathroom big enough to fit a dozen people at a time. I am not one of those people. Ever since I saw this hotel online, I knew it was where I wanted to stay. It had a Mexican feel to it. It had a wonderful courtyard. It had a rooftop with a soaker pool, hammocks, lounge chairs, tables and chairs and a terrific breeze every day. However, what it really had that was important, was owners that really cared about people. When I arrived I was a stranger. When I left, I considered myself a good friend. Not only to Kate and daughters and boyfriends, but to many of the others who stayed there. I won't mention them all, but they know who they are. Coffee in the courtyard every morning, joking about this and that. Walking a block to the beach with a cooler of beer and a big smile on your face. Sometimes having an afternoon nap on the roof. Eating breakfast right across the road. A whole street of restaurants a block away. That's what a vacation is for me. Oh ya, the hotel was good too. I think I slept in the room but I don't remember too much about it. I think the bed was comfortable, the shower worked and the toilet flushed. All in all, it was a wonderful experience. Isla was relaxing and beautiful. The hotel, the owners and many of the other visitors were great and became my friends. What more would you ever want? I miss it all so much.
Marty

Oh ya, the roosters. I kind of like listening to roosters. Better than listening to your boss ......

2  Thank VancouverMadrat
Reviewed March 3, 2009

I was fortunate enough to spend 4 nights at Las Palmas with a friend and enjoyed every second of the visit. I'm not sure if it was the individuals staying there at the same time or just the vibe this hotel promotes, but it felt peaceful, fun, nurturing and calming. Loved going down for coffee in the morning and talking to the other residents. Also thought the roof top lounge was the greatest. We thought it would be hot and miserable, but the hotel is close enough to catch the ocean breezes. Nice place to go with a book or a bottle of tequila!
The rooms aren't huge but there is plenty of space for 2 and very clean all tile bathrooms. Shower pressure exceeds most places I've been in Mexico. The courtyard and rooftop are inviting and pleasureable extensions of your own room.
Kate and her girls have worked hard and it shows. I hope it stays just the way it is for years to come. I definitely would recommend this hotel to anyone seeking a casual, relaxed atmosphere.

2  Thank walkupp
Reviewed March 2, 2009

Newly renovated with full size roof top patio with a view which has a wee pool to cool off after sunbathing! Run by a very friendly canadian family. Has very clean rooms . We were given such good local advise re: snorkelling from the shore, the turtle farm , the Playa Lancheros for a dip and for it´s huge serving of barbecued fish!

We had stayed elsewhere on Isla for three nights and had checked out quite a few others too but fell for this place at first sight. Unfortunately we only had time for one night . It was cool, quiet and comfortable with a great fan.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank chipsliz2
Reviewed February 23, 2009

Although we were there only a couple of nights the entire family went out of their way to accommodate our group's impromptu stay. We found the place by accident but it was much nicer and cleaner (not to mention friendlier) than the other ½ dozen places we checked on the island. Their prices were very reasonable and its proximity to good food and the beach can barely be beat – especially for the price. It has a bit of that bohemian vibe (which we like) but the standards are on par with what you would get for a 100$ room state side. That said, it has a lot more charm. Don’t miss the roof-top lounge and dipping pool; do miss the “chicken room” (the room located outside the neighboring rooster pens) unless you mind listening to the cooing crows of roosters throughout your stay.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with friends