Wow, my friend and I stayed here a couple weeks ago and loved Hotel Las Palmas abd Isla Mujeres! Kate and Safari are the perfect hosts and this hotel is one of the prettiest places on the island! From the beautiful painted decor to the thoughtful touches in the rooms (hooks everywhere!) to the abundance of hammocks, Las Palmas was our perfect Island getaway. Everyone here was very sweet and I really liked how well the owners treated the local staff. The beds were a bit uncomfortable, but despite that, we would definitely stay here again!
-Cooking breakfast upstairs in the outdoor kitchen is a great way to start your day!
- same goes for morning yoga on the second floor wooden balcony - they even have mats you can borrow!
- try the freshly made juices at the market across the street!
-the supermarket at the end of hidalgo ave (the main road) allows you to take out pesos easily at the ATM. Unlike cancun, merchants here prefer pesos and you may find it a challenge to pay in, or get back US$. There is also an electronics store/bank(?) you can change money at for good rates.
-for a great breakfast and iced coffees, try mañana, rooster cafe, or barlitos! Note that they all close at 3pm, so get there early.
-for traditional food, most places are delicious! Honestly. We died and went to ceviche heaven.
- good live music in the evenings can be heard at tres menieres and la terraza
- for a fun day of adventures, check out Edventure tours. We did the Extreme tour and it was just fantastic! Highlight was definitely swimming in the cenotes and of course the slow roasted pork tacos. I wasn't too crazy about how Ed (the owner) treated his staff, though...a bit disrespectful.
- save yourself a ton of money by booking a shuttle from the airport to the ferry terminal, and back again. We used Best Day, it was only $17 each way for both of us together. FYI, they need a few days notice for bookings.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Las Palmas is your home away from home on Isla Mujeres, tucked away from the hustle-bustle of Cancun. We are a family run hotel (three generations of women, mother-daughter and grand-daughter). Naturally, our place is a very unpretentious accommodation with a casual, friendly atmosphere. We have many comfy communal areas, including a rooftop with a plunge pool. You'll find lounge chairs, hammocks, and tables with chairs to welcome you after a day at the beach - possibly an afternoon siesta. Our communal kitchen is also on the terrace and fully equipped. Our shaded deck on our second level, overlooking the street and is a great spot for people watching or reading a good book.We are located in the heart of the downtown. The beautiful turquoise of the Caribbean and powdery sand beach at Playa Norte are a block away (5 min walk). Just around the corner is Hidalgo Avenue, filled with cuisine from all over the world, live music, and friendly locals and tourists alike. We're directly across from the municipal market with four "loncheria" eating stalls, housing tasty, economical breakfast-lunch meals, as well as fresh squeezed juices.We have a hotel dog, Cachito (hypoallergenic, rasta-hair poodle) who is always ready for a stroll. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Las Palmas Hotel
- Las Palmas Isla Mujeres