“Third time is the charm!”
Review of Hotel Las Palmas

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Isla Mujeres
Hotel Las Palmas
Ranked #11 of 37 Hotels in Isla Mujeres
Madison, Wisconsin
“Third time is the charm!”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

I just got back from my third stay at Las Palmas and it was another wonderful vacation while staying there. I know it has been said several time before by reviewers, however Las Palmas really does feel like my home away from home on Isla. I'm a social person and I really enjoy the social vibe at this hotel. The owners (Kate and Safari) are amazing and I now consider them more as friends, rather than just owners of the hotel that I stay at.

There have been enhancements added to the hotel since my stay last year. There are two new covered areas on the roof top. One area covers the shared kitchen and the other covers hammocks and tables. This is just one more nice touch added to the hotel.

"Charming", this is one word I hear over and over again from the people looking at the Las Palmas for the first time, and It's a great word to describe the hotel. Las Palmas is a clean, friendly, and reasonably priced place to stay while on Isla Mujeres.

I've stayed at several places while on Isla throughout the years and for my money Las Palmas is the best! I am already looking forward to gonig back for another two weeks next January.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Sandstone
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Quiet,clean,wonderful beds,so comfortable. Very personable owners,helpful. The north beach,water aqua blue,clean,was amazing! Fun ride around the island on the golf carts,we rented for the day. Enjoyed eating at soggy pesos,cold beer! San cochos had the BEST bean soup ever,on hildago. Bring sun screen(biodegradable)',you'll need it!
Thanks to Kate,Safari,and Marty!

Room Tip: Try the pent house,nice breezes
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Centennial, Colorado
Reviewed January 30, 2013

This was my second time to Isla Mujeres, and we lucked out at both hotels we stayed at! Las Palmas was excellent. It's just a few blocks from North Beach (best beach on the island), and has colorful, clean, affordable rooms. The rooms are dark and quiet and very comfortable. The owners, Kate and Safari, were extremely helpful and friendly. There is also ample outdoor space for cooking meals, relaxing in hammocks/lounge chairs, or meeting and mingling with others. We will definitely stay at Las Palmas on our next trip to Isla Mujeres!

Room Tip: All rooms are good, but we enjoyed the second floor because it was likely a bit quieter than the fir...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 20, 2013

This totally charming 18-room hotel is run by Kate and Safari, mother/daughter Canadian expats. Loved the open courtyard with tall palm trees, nooks for quiet reading, the communal kitchen on the 3rd floor deck, the Bohemian art on the walls, the clean rooms, and the super comfortable bed. I wanted to move in! Nice location a block and a half from the gorgeous beach, a block from the main shops, and across the street from the municipal market. We stayed at Las Palmas from Dec 22nd - 29th, 2012. I look forward to staying here again.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank Colorado-Marta
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed January 16, 2013

My friend and I just returned from a trip to the Yucatan Peninsula - we spent four nights with Kate and Safari at Las Palmas and enjoyed every second. I have spent a lot of time in Mexico and struggle with "super touristy" areas so I was very skeptical of Isla Mujeres; while there is plenty of tourism on Isla, it's hard not to be completely happy, and our stay at Las Palmas was a big part of my happiness. The hotel is a cheerful, comfortable place directly across the street from the market and the loncherias where you can have a delicious Mexican breakfast or lunch, around the corner from a delicious jugo stand, and a block from the best beach on the island. My friend and I were last minute making reservations, and all they had available was the "suite on the street", which was just outside of the hotel walls and acted as our own little apartment. For us this was perfect and I would choose this room again, but for folks who are more interested in socializing and making friends at the hotel another room choice might be better. This is my ideal hotel - beautiful, clean, friendly and comfortable but without the snobbery or exclusivity that can come in higher end places. (And the comments about the very comfortable beds are true!! I slept so well :-)) There is a beautiful upper floor open kitchen and balcony, and I regret not cooking in it - on my return trip!! I'll definitely, and unexpectedly, be back to Isla and will choose to stay at Las Palmas again. Thanks for a great trip!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 3, 2013

We are second-time visitors to the Las Palmas, and I can't think of a better place to spend Christmas. I like to travel to new places rather than return to spots I've visited before, but because of Kate and Safari at the Las Palmas, we'll be back to Isla Mujeres. The rooms are clean and quite nice, the rooftop deck and kitchen are wonderful, and the honesty and trustworthiness of the hotel owners and staff are commendable.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank JenPeterson310
Lawrence, Kansas
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I stayed at Las Palmas for 6 nights from Dec 26 through to Jan 1. It's a warm inviting place with three levels. My room was on the first level, my friends stayed on the second. On the third level is a big kitchen where we met a lot of fellow residents and had great conversations. I would definitely recommend this hotel! it was one block from the beach, across the street from market, and around the corner from all the restaurants and shops. Only a five minute walk to the ferry too. You can not go wrong staying here unless you are interested in keeping to yourself and not meeting people.

Room Tip: I liked the room on the first floor because it was easy to go in and out of the hotel
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends