“Kate and Safari are fabulous! The communal spaces create a lovely social vibe! Viva la Mexico (from Kansas).”
Review of Hotel Las Palmas

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Isla Mujeres
Hotel Las Palmas
Ranked #11 of 37 Hotels in Isla Mujeres
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Loved it and loved all of the people! Great location. I would definitely stay here again. The rooms are sort of small but clean and well worth it. The communal spaces create a great atmosphere for socializing. Loved it!

• Stayed: December 2012

Reviewed December 11, 2012

This little gem of a hotel is the sort of place you dream about when your tired after travelling............it's homely, pretty, very clean and Kate the owner is a very geniune ,kind friendly helpful person.................(no, she didn't pay me to say that). It's 5minutes away from that amazing beach, and all the eateries, shops etc that you might need. It doesn't feel like a hotel, because it's small and the layout of everything makes for a very relaxed chilled atmosphere. If I had a small hotel this is exactly what i would like it to be like!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank shoooz
Reviewed October 16, 2012

I loved Las Palmas. We booked last minute, so the the only room available was the suite on the rooftop deck. I suggest this room. Its inexpensive, and its very big and bright. The owner was an angel. We told her we wanted to pay cash, and needed to hit up an ATM, so she just said we could sign in and pay the next day when it was convenient for us. No big deal.

The atmosphere is wonderful. Laid back, bohemian kinda vibe. I'm pretty bohemian myself, so I felt right at home. I do no require a consierge and someone to polish my flipflops. Its Mexico people. We met great people there, and after traveling for a month through the Yucatan and Belize with just my boyfriend and I, that was rather nice to have the option to socialize. They plan a pot luck dinner about once a week, and they have it upstairs on the rooftop deck as there is a beautiful community open kitchen up there to use at your leisure. We opted to attend, and picked up some food from the giant new supermarket on the south end of the island (highly recommend). It was a lovely evening, and when I was tired, I just had to walk 15 ft to my room. It was not noisy, and I slept fine (and I'm a light sleeper!). I also like privacy as I am part hermit, and I felt I had plenty because our room was so spacious and big, and the laid back nature of the people and vibe here didn't make me feel closed in on, so to speak.

I loved the dipping pool; I thought it was perfect for just sunbathing on the deck and in need of a cooling off. Any kids mainly stay out of it because its small, and they can just go to the beach for all that.

I'm not the best at writing reviews since I don't do it...well, ever, so I can't really capture the wonderful feel of this place into words well. If you aren't a stuffy, snobby, uptight person but do have standards on comfort, cleanliness, appeal, and hospitality, this is the place. I felt it was my home away from home, and this was most welcome after a month of travel.

Also! Most comfortable bed I found IN ALL OF MEXICO. 10 stars for the bed. Seriously. What good sleep I finally got.

The only thing I feel might be lacking in this place for travelers is that its not ON the beach, but that did not bother us in the least, because the best beach on the island is 2 blocks away, and Isla is about walking everywhere and drinking in the sun and atmosphere.

Room Tip: Rooftop Suite!
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank lisadia
Reviewed August 25, 2012

I was lucky enough to stay at Las Palmas when I decided to extend my stay for a few days last Spring. Such a lovely, welcoming atmosphere, breezy, and unique, with comfy rooms. Great conversations over coffee on the roof top deck, where you can make breakfast in their fabulous open air kitchen. I especially enjoyed the nooks where you could lose yourself in a book or just relax. Reminiscent of some of my favorite B&B's in Europe & Montreal, Canada.
Las Palmas is just blocks from Playa Norte an absolutely stunning beach, and just around the corner from some excellent cafe's (I will write about my favorite's next!) .
Isla & Las Palmas I can't get you out of my mind!

Room Tip: They sell wonderful Yucatan Honey right at Las Palmas :)
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank noire48
Reviewed August 23, 2012

My wife and I stayed here last spring and found it a good value. It was fairly inexpensive and in a convenient location in town. The room was clean, although a bit small. The courtyard was tropically decorated and was a great place to relax outside the room. I wasn't too impressed with the shared kitchen/dining on the rooftop. There was a large group staying at the hotel that monopolized this area with all day partying.

The hotel might not fit all travellers, but if you are adventurous, on a budget and can align your expectations to a 3-star accommodation, you will appreciate the relaxed atmosphere.

We enjoyed our stay at Las Palmas and will probably return.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank GregoryOMN
Reviewed July 29, 2012

I love this hotel. I have lots of great memories here. Every time I think about my visits to Hotel Las Palmas, I have a big smile on my face and a warm feeling in my heart. I have stayed here a few times and I will keep coming back. You can't keep me away.

The welcoming feeling of the hotel is very authentic and real than those larger mega hotels in Cancun. You couldn't ask for a better location on the island. You are close to the downtown strip and the beach. The facilities and the hotel cleanliness is top notch. But by far the best thing about this place is the lovely staff. Katie, Safari and Dania are the most amazing people. They make you feel right home in their hotel. They are helpful, kind, and the most wonderful family. You won't be disappointed in your stay at Hotel Las Palmas, Isla Mujeres. I would recommend Las Palmas to anybody.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank travelingwilbury1986
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I’ve stayed here 3 years in a row now and for me it is perfect! Las Palmas has everything I am looking for when I am decompressing on Isla Mujeres. If you are looking for a private hotel with marble floors a large pool and flat screen tv’s, this is not the place for you. Las Palmas has none of those upscale attributes; however what it does have is what most travelers are looking for when they come to Isla Mujeres. The hotel is inexpensive, has a social atmosphere, is in a great location and best of all has friendly/caring owners.

The rooms are very clean and modestly decorated. The hotel has about 20 rooms that surround a warmly inviting common area located in the middle of the hotel. The owners have also added a new rooftop area that is wonderful and fun to hang out at during the daily “Happy hours” and in the evening.

Tables, couches, palm trees and plants decorate the entire hotel and this makes you feel more like you are staying at a home than a hotel.

I have stayed at numerous hotels all around the Island, and Las Palmas is my favorite. What more can I say? I can’t wait till I get back there in January 2013.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends