“Dream!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Las Palmas

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Isla Mujeres
Hotel Las Palmas
Ranked #11 of 38 Hotels in Isla Mujeres
Cavalière, Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur, France
“Dream!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2011

Fantastic hotel on an amazing island. Forget Cancun, get on a 20min boat ride straight to this hotel where you'll find the warmest welcome along with the best beds ever!
After arriving luggageless (thanks to Airfrance!), very tired and grumpy, we made it to Kate and Safari's cute hotel where our trip was brightened by their smiles! Not only did they all help us get our luggage delivered back to the hotel after three days, they made us feel like we were at home. Very laid back, very clean, giant beds along with a lovely roof top terrace with a dipping pool to cool off- we couldn't have asked for anything better. The beach was a 3 minute walk where we found literal paradise.
Seriously good value for money on a quiet road so no noisey cars to wake you up. Just be advised that you need to be happy to interact with others in the courtyard and not want to scuttle off to your room- that's the fun! Will be back in an instant. x

Room Tip: Choose top floor as it's more private.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Suziabi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Edegem, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2011

The hotel feels like you're staying at someone's (very large ;-)) home. Safari was a super-friendly and excellent host and we felt very much at home. Location is great. Rooms are basic and no-nonsense but the hotel is great value-for-money. The sundeck upstairs is a great place to sit in the evening / at night and to wash away yet another splendid day on wonderful Isla Mujeres with an ice cold beer. The hotel has a very personal approach and we loved it. I would especially recommend it if you are travelling with children. They have all sort fo beach gear that they are happy to let you use when you're off to the beach.

Oh yeah, and last but not least... Isla Mujeres is like a postcard; just perfect if you're looking for great beaches and a small town experience (as opposed to the Cancun resorts that you see in the distance).

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Jakooandco
Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2011

Never felt so welcome in a hotel in my life ! Right as we walk in safari is there saying "are you the Hooke necks ?" with a big smile. We got the full tour. It was PERFECT. I got a little feverish while in Mexico (I always do) and I slept on the bed on the roof or the futon on the middle floor during most of our stay. I felt perfectly safe , Dania , Cachito , and I bonded quite a bit. Me and my brother walked him all the Time. As I mentione before igot a fever and wasn't feeling well , I was up early in the morning because of it , and me and Kate would sit there and chat in the mornings , she'd offer me a cup of tea to make my head feel better. It was like going to stay at grammas for a week ! I don't see why people would write a bad review about this place ! We made a lot of friends that were also staying there. Loved the courtyard. So pretty (: safest place to stay ever love it and defiantly coming back.
COME AROUND CHRISTMAS TIME !
Go to the church it's so pretty on there on christmas night !
MAKE SURE YOU STOP AT MIGUELS MOONLITE BAR. nicest funniest guy on the island !
And the best coffee shop on TE island is aluxes !
Loved my stay and can't wait to come back !

• Stayed December 2010
3 Thank Slhollen
Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2011

Hotels today don't seem to realize vacation time is a highly personal experience. Kate and Safari do, and it makes all the difference. Las Palmas is coming home. Extraordinarily satisfying.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank avofeuer
Astoria, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2011

Please see my other review, as I can't say enough good things about this wonderful little hotel. It's in the perfect location (one block from Playa Norte and one block from Avenida Hidalgo).

As I was most recently there in the low season, there were not that many guests, which made me sad, as the outstanding owners desrve as much business as possible, but at the same time it was nice that I got to have the whole hotel to myself for a day or two!

Their little sitting areas and nooks are so peaceful and relaxing - great to sit and have breakfast or to read a book. I can't wait until my next stay, I'll be back again for sure - until next time! :)

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Ashley R
West Des Moines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2011

This was our first stay on Isla Mujeres and this hotel was a great introduction. We will definitely go back to this place. In fact, we are already planning our next trip and hope to bring family as well.

We had flight problems and got to the hotel at 11:30 PM instead of mid-afternoon as intended. We had been able to stay in touch with the owner by email during our flight and she kindly waited up for us. We were surprised to find that the room had air-conditioning. We did not use/need it the rest of the week, but it sure was welcome that first night. After she showed us the room and explained everything, she disappeared for a couple minutes and then returned with water and COLD BEER. We knew right away that we were in the right place.

The owners speak English as their native language which was helpful. The room and indeed, the entire hotel were very well kept - looked almost new. The roof had a number of lounge chairs and even a dipping pool which we used daily. When we sat outside our room on a comfortable couch to read late at night, their quiet dog kept guard over us.

The hotel was just a short block away from the main drag. Far enough to avoid the noise, and close enough to get there in a minute or two. We were a short 4-5 minute walk from a stunning beach. You could walk out a football field's length and still only have water up to your chest. Lots of fish bumping into your legs. And the food service on the beach was great.

The hotel has free wi-fi service. Be assured that the pictures on the hotel's web-site do not do it justice. It is even better than the web pictures.

This is certainly the best place to stay on the island. Quiet friendly service, spotless rooms and facilities, access to everything. We will be back!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Mark J
Calgary
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2011

So, let me start by saying that any review wouldn't do this place justice - it's really that great. Travelling with a 21 month old has its challenges, but we couldn't have picked a better spot to spend 5 nights on Isla. From the play pen supplied by the hosts, to the microwave and fridge in our suite, to the resident canine, Cachito, who never tired of playing fetch with our little guy, everything was spot on perfect. We felt so secure and comfortable that after a few days we'd go chill on the roof, leaving the little guy sleeping in our suite, then come down and check on him periodically. As most reviewers have pointed out the location is superb. We ate quite a few fabulous meals across the street at the loncherias. You only need go next door for ice cold Modelos from the tienda (about a buck a bottle). The beach is so close. Well, actually, everything you need is within a few minutes walk. For me, the best part of our stay was probably hearing my wife say how relaxed she felt. After all, that’s one of the main reasons to go on vacation – to relax. Kate and Safari have created a warm island vibe that you can’t help but soak up. I do harbour a slight grudge against them though, as I've been home for over a month now and still haven’t readjusted to life without a shade deck and a hammock. To Kate and Safari, a thousand Thank Yous. Til next time.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family