“Cheap drinks”

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“Cheap drinks”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We stopped here on our first night looking for somewhere to eat and drink. Although it mentions food on the sign, there really didn't seem to be any food. We had the "nachos" which was a plate of tostitos with some refried beans and tasty salsa. I wouldn't recommend for dinner obviously, but the drinks and atmosphere were great. This is more of a later spot on the main street Hidalgo.

Nova Scotia, Canada
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Luis, el rey de caipirinha!”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Our foursome dropped by Kokonuts for snacks and drinks just last week, and all efforts were made for our comfort and care! We watched futbol, chatted with Luis about the Portugal-Israel game and qualification matches. I love the drink native to Brazil with perfectly muddled limes and sugar . . .his caipirinhas were excellent! We shall return soon!

Baltimore, Maryland
“Watch out for pickpockets”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

I was sitting at the bar, and a group of Eurotrash hippies kept bumping into me. I got home, and my wallet was gone. I've seen 200 Grateful Dead concerts, so I am not anti-hippy (and I've lived in Europe too). The guys in this group (they were in their late 20s early 30s) were hanging out with tourist women and plying them with drinks. They were also hanging out with some of the staff, and one of the staff especially kept bumping into me every time he went around the bar to the register. Isla is a wonderful, safe island, and I hate to see it degraded by non-local posers. And, yes, the manager is correct: this does happen all over the world--by people like this.

Lodi, California
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Golden Margaritas are big & boozy”
Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

Just stopped for drinks, great atmosphere, good service, comfy chairs. Well worth the pit stop in a central location to figure out your next move

Dallas
“Great place except for pickpocket”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I've been here when it was She Bar and loved it. I went back on my second visit to Isla and loved it except for the pickpocket in the men's bathroom. I was using the restroom when a man came up behind me, bumbed me on my side and took my phone from out of my pocket. Be careful in Isla, poor folks like to steal stuff.

Visited March 2013
kokonuts i, Director General at Kokonuts Bar Restaurant Sport Bar & Disco, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
sorry mr, was in the bathroom, because , normaly we have cameras recording in the kokonuts,
but no depends of us , some time happens some places in the world
but we hope that you came back! to isla mujeres again.

regards