We stayed at Hotel Secreto July 9-13. Our room was just as pictured. The bed (two pillow-tops) was unbelieveable after a long flight, a day in the sun and a few margaritas. Even the bed outside on the balcony was confortable and we enjoyed lounging out there listening to the ocean at night. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for a place to relax- that is quiet and isn't looking for the all-inclusive experience.
1. The rooms are decorated wonderfully. Modern. The bathrooms are nice- but could use some updating- but not bad by any means.
2. Infinity pool and lounge chairs are perfect- not much else needed.
3. Off the beaten path- but only a few short blocks to Hildago Street with all of the restaurants and shops.
4. Drinks made at the pool bar were great and priced just fine. Beer $2.50, Margaritas $5.50 US.
5. Hotel Secreto is on the beach, but the beach is not really swim-able, its rocky and more for looks. There are lounge chairs there for catching some rays, but I would recommend going to the Playa Norte Beach (a few short blocks away/walking distance) to swim in the ocean. You won't want to swim at Hotel Secreto's beach, it's purely for looks!
6. WiFi at the hotel with fast connection, iPod docking station with speakers (bring your own iPod, there is only one rental) and mimosas at check-in, very refreshing!
1. The hotel will order food for you from nearby restaurants and have delivered (no restaurant on site). The food was great, but you have to pay cash- just something to remember. Only took 20 minutes to deliver and they brought it to us just like room service.
2. Many of the restaurants only accept cash- remember to bring enough. Dinner and drinks isn't very expensive at any restaurant- likely $40-$50 per couple. There are a few ATM machines on the island if you need them.
3. Rent a golf cart for the day and go around the island- it's a great time. We struck a deal for $40 US, the price was posted at $60/day. ***Keep your eye out for the seashell house made famous on HGTV***
4. Visit Garaffon for snorkeling and ziplining. A great time. You get there by golf cart or a $7 US taxi ride.
5. Visit Playa Norte Beach! Just a bit of trivia, Corona Beer commercials are filmed and shot there- that water and beach are amazing- no retouching needed (just short walk from Hotel Secreto).
6. Recommended Restaurants: Bamboo, Buccanaros and Amigos. You can't go wrong with Amigos!
7. Many of the restaurants offer two for one drinks (two margaritas or beers for the price of one). If the restaurant is not offering that special, ask them if they will- chances are they will do it just for you!
We loved this place and had a great time. Hope you do too!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conde Nast Traveler's 50 Best New Hotels in the World. Hotel Secreto is a sleek nine-room hideaway - Santorini-meets-Schrager style. Constantly upgrading, the hotel was renovated in 2005 to include a 20 meter lap pool and an all junior suite lay-out. Designed by an award-winning architect, the hotel looks more like a slick private beach house. Modern touches such as WI-FI and pre-loaded iPods are part of an enhanced poolside service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Hotel Secreto reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secreto Hotel Isla Mujeres
- Secreto Isla Mujeres