All reviews curtis and ashley honeymoon suite curtis makes palapa suites swinging bed poolside bungalow teeth hurt pina colada swing bar golf cart wonderful hosts conch shells no kids allowed made from scratch every morning bed and breakfast slice of paradise
Reviewed November 20, 2006

Unbelievable stay with kind, wonderful people. My wife and I stayed in July for our honeymoon and couldn't have been happier. The service was outstanding and the local knowledge that Curtis and Ashley showed was invaluable. Curtis and Ashley made us feel as if we were home. At one point my wife stated "we traveled 2,000 miles from home to be at home! "Breakfast was grate every morning, offering a nice mix of the laid back feel of southern California with the spices of beautiful Mexico. The ambience cannot be beat! Arlington Virginia's loss was Isla Mujeres' gain. Thank you Curtis, Ashley, and all your wonderful staff for making our honeymoon so special! We did have one problem, when will be able to return to such a grate place!

Thank you so much!
Gary and Angela

Date of stay: July 2006
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank windymtnman
Reviewed October 27, 2006

After spending a week on Isla Mujeres and checking out as many hotels as possible I would have to say this is the best one I found. It definitely is not the biggest, and if you are looking for luxury you might want to look else where. However, this hotel overlooks the ocean outside of the main town on the island. The place is definitely the best decorated place I found. The value was exceptional. I would love to go back to Isla and stay a week at this hotel.

Date of stay: September 2006
4  Thank argabongo
Reviewed October 25, 2006

We booked a last-minute reservation during the low season, and it turned out perfectly. We spent the first two nights in the honeymoon suite and the last two in a palapa, only because we know we're coming back again and wanted to experience the difference.

The suite was lovely, airy, roomy and has two great balconies with incredible ocean views. It also has a hi-tech AC unit for those hotter days/nights.

The palapa was more rustic, but also incredibly cozy and romantic with its swinging bed. We left the windows open all night and the cool breezes kept the room really comfortable.

There cannot be enough said about Ashley & Curtis. Because it was low season during our stay, they had more free time to share with us...we felt lucky about that, because they're both great people. It really felt like we were just spending time vacationing with friends -- friends who live in paradise!

We also owe many, many thanks to Sergio, owner of Playa Sol...he made the last night off our 10th anniversary trip one we'll remember forever, with a very special private sunset dinner on the beach. The best food on the island, in our opinion.

Don't miss this place - you won't regret a minute of it!

Date of stay: October 2006
5  Thank 10ac0504
Reviewed September 30, 2006

We stayed at Villa from Sept. 17- 23 for our honeymoon. This place is great; everything written on here about it is true. We stayed in the Honeymoon suite which was spacious and has a large deck with an unbeatable view of the ocean. I checked out the other rooms while we were there and honestly I think all of them were quite nice.

It's quite true, the pina coladas are great, my husband drank many of them during our stay. I have to mention the magaritas though as well, Ashley told me it is her own recipe for them, and they are really good. Make sure you try one along with your pina colada.

Curtis cooked breakfast for us evey day, and every time it was excellent ; he is quite the good cook.

Take Ashley and Curtis' advice on where to eat; we did and weren't dissapointed with any of the restuarants they refered.

Ashley and Curtis were great hosts, the house is beautiful, quite, and calming. Villas las Brisas deserves every good review it recieves.

Date of stay: September 2006
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank SeattleAngell
Reviewed September 10, 2006

This place is gorgeous, the pictures do not even do it justice. Not only is the island charming and wonderful, but Villa Las Brisas is an ideal place to stay.

A beautiful open home that surrounds a pool and cabana area and sits right on the ocean, with plenty of places to lay around, an outdoor bar and living area.

The owners are lovely and attentive and informative, the food was great. And yes, they do make the best pina colada I have ever had. We were only dissapointed that we didn't stay longer.

Also, baseball field tacos is a must!

*I have seen it listed as a b&b but think it is more boutique hotel really.

Date of stay: May 2006