“"Picture Perfect with Hosts to Match"” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Villa La Bella

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Isla Mujeres
Villa La Bella
Ranked #1 of 34 Isla Mujeres B&B and Inns
Kamloops
“"Picture Perfect with Hosts to Match"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2014

My husband and I stayed at Villa La Bella for 8 wonderful nights in Palapa 1 and our friends in Palapa 2. Right from our initial greeting Curtis and Ashley did something every day that made us feel special and was like no other place we have ever stayed. Besides the beauty and the decor which is second to none. Curtis and Ashley make sure you have the best experience at thier villa and on the island. They both greet you, while staff take your luggage to your room and then Curtis takes you to your room. Most places check you in, give you a key, someone might take your luggage for you but the owner doesn't escort you to your room, show
you the features and see that everything is o.k. Curtis made us feel right at home by doing this and Ashley pointed out that there are blankets in the closet to lay with on the outdoor beds at night and watch the stars.
The next morning at breakfast and every morning Ashley makes the ladies feel special with a good morning and how are you today and a flower in your hair. Can i get you anything today? do you need anything? Curtis makes amazing food. He doesn't call himself a chef but he serves a five star meal. And we can't leave out the staff who deliver it in a timely and friendly manner. You are encouraged to fill up your water jug from your room with the purified water tap at the table and bar area for guests anytime. The maids will also do it for you while cleaning your room. In most places they leave you bottled water you have to pay for each day.
We picked up our golf cart and the place was painting bumpers. My husband got paint on the back of his shorts that we didn't notice and transfered it to the seat of the cart. Ashley was right there offering things to help remove the paint and get it out of my husbands shorts including a bottle of her own nail polish remover and then went to the rental place on our behalf to talk to them about us not being charged for damage to the seat.
The rest of our days were carefee. There are more than enough lounges with very comfy pads and beds and chairs to sit in for sun tanning as well as shade ones. Patrons can come in to the bar area and order drinks but it is very clear they can't come into the pool area or where the hammock and lounges are. Ashley came by every afternoon when i was sitting on a lounge and made sure that nobody from the bar area was a bother to me and nobody ever was. The bar patrons are also made welcome with Ashley and Curtis visiting tables as well. The staff and Ashley will come around with a cold face cloth from the freezer that is slightly scented in the afternoon so you can hold it on your face and neck and this feels like heaven.
I also thought one day that i may have developed Strep Throat and said so to Ashley right away she asked if i wanted her to call the Dr. they use. I thought wow what personal service. I really felt cared for.
We let Curtis know one evening we wouldn't be there for breakfast the next morning as the 4 of us were going snorkling and diving early. I ended up staying behind with my sore throat and the other 3 got back after breakfast had just wrapped up but Curtis knew they were hungry and being the professional he is always cooks for the amount of people staying no matter who says they are not going to be there just in case things change. He offered to go back in the kitchen and give my husband and our friends breakfast. He did not have to do that and we were very grateful to Curtis and his staff.
The special way we and all guests are treated at Villa will have me going back time and again. Our last day was one i will never forget and really speaks to what Ashley and Curtis have over all other hosts. All guests need to check out by 11am. At breakfast Ashley approached us by saying i know this is your last day but you are still on holidays i will have your cab here when you need to go but until then make sure you keep your beach towels and your beach bag and enjoy your time remember you are still on vacation and you let me know if you need anything else at all. We stowed our bags and filled a cooler Ashley let us use with the beer left over from our fridge and really truly enjoyed our last hours before our cab came at 2:30pm. I have stayed at other places and when you check out it feels like it is time to go but not here you are made to feel like not only can you but you should take that time to soak up every last bit of your vacation time and only leave when you have to. Our last day was one of the most enjoyable and when it was time to go we changed and said our goodbyes to Ashley and Curtis, got in the cab and as we drove away they stood there arm in arm on the sidewalk watching us until we were out of sight. I had seen Ashley and Curtis do this when other guests left but when we left it touched me so much i could not help but cry this couple not only gave us an unforgettable 8 days at thier Villa but they touched us with thier own tenderness and passion for what they do.
Thank-you Curtis and Ashley cheers!

Room Tip: Palapa 1 you can see the sunrise and ocean from your bed and the breeze is refreshing
5 Thank Lisa L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
  • Hebrew first
London, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

I don't know what to say about this place that has not already been said. The place has to be experienced to be believed. My hubby and I stayed for ten nights in bungalow 1. It was beautiful and conveniently located beside the pool. The resort is very clean and well maintained. Staff are friendly and helpful. Ashley and Curtis went above and beyond any owners of b&b's we have stayed with in the past. We are a couple in our 40s and well past the party until 5am sort of thing though we did over indulge a bit. We wanted an escape from the hustle and bustle of life and we found it at Villa la Bella. We rarely return to the same place twice because we like to experience new places. We will be going back to Villa la Bella, many times I hope.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Gishgirl_13
Brick, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014

The quaint little B&B boasts bright colors, a lovely pool, and hot tub all set at the water’s edge of the Caribbean Sea. There are six guest rooms which made for a homey-intimate experience on Isla Mujeres. Our hosts, Curtis and Ashley were so welcoming and willing to help with any request we had ranging from dinner reservations, golf cart rentals, taxi service, as well as personal services that included massages, mani-pedis and even laundry. Their staff was just as helpful and friendly, made wonderful drinks at the bar and our rooms were always clean. Pet therapy was also provided by the resident dog, Bella, and cat, Peek-a-Boo. This small intimate setting made it a perfect place to relax . Deciding between an outdoor bed, lounge chair or hammock was our most difficult decision of the day. The only other decisions we had to make where where to go for dinner. Coffee service in the morning began at 8:30am in festival tropical themed china, followed by a breakfast To-Live-For (because you want to taste it again!!!). There are good local restaurants within walking distance and I was also excited to be able to walk to Mass at 8:00am on Sunday Morning. The rest of the island was easily accessible by taxi or golf cart. My husband and I look forward to a return trip within the next few years.

4 Thank theyogaattic05
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

My husband and I just returned from Isla Mujeres and the spectacular Villa La Bella B & B By the Sea. We had never been to Mexico before and Ashley,our hostess with the mostest, answered every one of my many questions prior to arrival. With Ashley's advice, we arranged our CARM private transport from the airport to the ferry, learned how to purchase ferry tickets to the island, and waited to get pesos at the ATM and exchange them quickly, easily, and economically at the bank across from the ferry at Isla Mujeres. We were prepared for the taxi ride to VLB(60 pesos w/luggage inc.tip) and arrived quickly and easily to start our fabulous vacation! Ashley and Curtis were right there at the coconut decorated front door to meet us and take our bags right up the spiral staircase to our room- the "Honeymoon Suite", which was prepared for us before their 2 PM check-in time and waiting to greet us at 1:30 when we arrived with bright and cheery tropical colors, skylights, 2 patios with fabulous pool and ocean views, a hammock, banquette seating with table and another fabulous ocean view, and complete with a conch shell showerhead in the bathroom. Best of all- no TV or alarm clock! We were on island time now, baby and didn't need anything but the complimentary internet access to let our kids know we had made it to Paradise! We made a beeline straight to the private bar after checking out our room and partook of their fabulous frozen mojitos and pina coladas courtesy of their excellent bar staff. We did not want to leave VLB after our long trip from Omaha, NE, so the bar staff was able to order take-out for us from one of several restaurants that deliver delicious food to their premises. The pool had a beautiful coral rock and shell waterfall cascading into it that is lit up at night. There was plenty of seating near the pool area inc. hammocks and large lounge beds. There is ocean access from VLB to a rocky shoreline where you can collect shells and investigate tidal pools. They do have a bar open to the public separated from the pool and private bar areas by a low wall which the public patrons were not allowed to cross to disturb the guests of the B & B. The bar had swing seating and plenty of tables and loungers so the bar patrons could relax and also sun and enjoy the fabulous ocean view. We were never bothered by the bar patrons and enjoyed making friends with the other guests of VLB. So much so, we are all making plans for a return visit together in 2 years! There are only 5 other rooms for the 18 and older set at VLB and Ashley and Curtis maintain absolute quiet hours between 11 PM and 8:30 AM, so we all got a tranquil night's sleep and only woke up to the birds. There was some traffic noise, as our room was situated closest to the road up front, but the other rooms are set back further if that is a concern. The bed was firm and extremely comfortable and I slept better than I do at home. Chef Curtis serves up a 3 course gourmet breakfast every morning except Monday. Ashley presented the ladies with a hibiscus flower for their hair every morning and checked to make sure all was well and if we needed anything arranged such as taxis, golf cart rental, excursions or restaurant reservations. She got us rock star seating at Villa Rolandi for Valentine's Day dinner, where we had a fabulous meal and watched the sunset from our table bayside. We thoroughly enjoyed every aspect of our stay at VLB! We were treated like invited friends in their home, which it truly is as they live upstairs across from the Honeymoon suite and are always available to handle any concern you might have on-site. We visited the North Side in our rented golf cart with the famous and beautiful Playa Norte beach, but with all the hustle and bustle, day trippers from Cancun and party atmosphere on that side of the island in the downtown area, we were happy to return to our laid back and peaceful VLB and had no regrets about staying in the central island Caribbean side of Isla Mujeres. We can't wait to return to VLB by the Sea!

4 Thank MonicaL8
Silver City, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014

VLB is officially mine and my husband's go to place. Ashley and Curtis are simply the most welcoming and sweetest people we have met. From the minute we arrived to the minute we left we could not be more pleased. So many places make you feel as customers where as Ashley and Curtis make you their guest, they make you feel like family. We stayed in one of the bungalows for 4 nights and were very satisfied with it. We look forward to coming back and trying out the rest of the rooms! The location is magical and the place is just perfect. Curtis makes the most delicious breakfasts. Ashley spoiled all the women to fresh flowers in our hair every morning. When we got back I asked me husband where my flower was! My husband asked me where his breakfast was. Point being, we couldn't get enough. They recommended amazing places to eat and although we didn't get to try them all, we look forward to having some new ones for the next time. It is not a big party location and my husband and I loved that. It is relaxing and breathtaking. Yet a very good time. The staff was very good and we have absolutely no cons. We highly recommend Villa la Bella!

3 Thank Raelyn J
Sewell, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014

My husband and I booked a last minute long weekend and Ashley could not have been any more helpful! Her B and B is immaculate, perfect location, cold beer, tasty drinks and wonderful accommodations. Breakfast every day was delicious and filling! I felt right at home and enjoyed every minute at VLB!!!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Celeste L
St. Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2014

My husband and I spent 9 nights at Villa La Bella in January. We had a chance to try all the rooms. We can't decide if we like the palapas or the honeymoon suite better. We were looking for a quiet vacation where there was little to do but sit, read and enjoy the beautiful views. We found that and more. The breakfasts were wonderful and we were able to walk them off by either walking to the south or the north end of the island. Curtis and Ashley offered wonderful food recommendations - our only regret is that we couldn't eat at all of them. There was a wonderful mix of people. We enjoyed hearing other's stories and comparing travel experiences. We look forward to returning soon!

2 Thank crocushill