“Beautiful and Peaceful”
Review of Villa La Bella

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Isla Mujeres
Villa La Bella
Ranked #1 of 39 Isla Mujeres B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 25, 2013

My boyfriend and I visited Isla Mujeres during our last trip to Playa Del Carmen in 2012. He had stopped by Villa La Bella in previous visits, said he had to stop, we stopped, and we both fell in love! So while planning our 2013 trip we decided to stay 3 days at Villa La Bella. The actual property is unique with island decorations all around you, and the view of the back of the island is breathtaking. From the time we arrived, Ashley and Curtis were more than helpful, giving us a map, and a list of must try restaurants. I then tried one of their famous margaritas, which Curtis hand delivered to my room while we were getting settled and it was delish! Our room was perfect, exactly what we need, a bed, and a shower! The shower is fun as the shower head is a conch shell! Ashley also equips the rooms with beach towels, and a large beach bag for your trip, also a information book, (READ THIS IT IS HELPFUL). Coffee in the morning is wonderful, I mean, really really good coffee, and breakfast is fantastic as well, Curtis makes it everyday, except for Mondays and it was very good. The best part of the entire stay is the quiet policy, and no children under 18. Absolute quiet from 11pm-8:30am, and then from then on basically everyone is quiet and minding their own business. However, someone during our trip did not really understand this and was super disrupting, but everyone ignored him and he got the picture finally..I think, but my advice, if you want to stay here, be quiet, be respectful, and maintain the beautiful and peaceful environment that Ashley and Curtis work so hard to! We stayed in a pool side bungalow literally one step from the pool and we could look out and see the ocean. The palapa suites upstairs look awesome and we want to try to book early enough next year to stay there! The Villa is about a 5-7 minutes golf cart ride to playa norte and hidalgo, and a 5 minute ride to punta sur, which is absolutely breathtaking! We recommend Villa La Bella to anyone wanting to experience a beautiful, peaceful, and relaxing vacation on Isla Mujeres!

Room Tip: Rent a Golf Cart through Curtis and have that for your entire trip, its fun and your ultimate way of...
1  Thank Megan M

Reviewed March 23, 2013

You know you're in the right place when you've not packed enough warm clothing for a chilly (and sometimes wet) week on Isla and you still have a blast. In retrospect, I think the cool weather may have contributed to the trip not flying by so quickly this time!
This was our fourth time staying with Ashley & Curtis and the property looks better than ever. I marvelled at the beauty & genius of the many updates (most necessitated by salty sea air doing its worst but some just good ideas come to fruition) and I still can't get enough of how good everyone there is at what they do. It's a testament to an establishment when there's nearly zero turnover in staff over the course of several years. Heck, there's practically no turnover in the guests, either(!) -- the number of repeat guests at this place is positively ludicrous -- and I have a good feeling that the first-timers we met will likely make their way back, too.
Speaking of fellow guests, my boyfriend & I are not big "go on vacation to socialize" people, but VLB attracts a similarly-spirited crowd of easy to talk to people who respect their fellow guests' vacations (i.e. space). We thoroughly enjoyed meeting & chatting with folks from VT, NH, MO, MD, IL & WA.
So, Ashley, Curtis, Ernesto, Esteban, Francisco, Luiz & Wendy, many thanks as always! Can't wait for #5 :) S & D

2  Thank StarringGecko
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Back again this year... and VLB is as wonderful as ever. Great service, wonderful rooms, and terrific breakfasts. Enchiladas with mole. My favorite ever. Other guests are always interesting (in the best sort of way) - and Ashley and Curtis are the perfect hosts. Love the island, wouldn't stay anywhere else. Already penciled in for next year.

Room Tip: The palapas are heavenly - open to the ocean - you can see the turquoise from your bed. Curtis and A...
2  Thank BoyleHall
Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

We've only been gone from the island for two weeks and already miss it. This perfectly sized bed and breakfast is incredible. Curtis and Ashley are great hosts and put the extra touch on everything! My wife and I travel extensively and usually will try to go to new places as often as possible. We met Curtis and Ashley a few years ago and find ourselves returning to this place over and over again. Great place! Great service!

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank JimmyTester
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Villa la Bella is the perfect place to relax in an intimate setting. Not to mention, the wonderful hospitality provided by Curtis and Ashley! The ocean view is beautiful with the option of lying poolside. The staff is very accommodating as well. Delicious breakfasts and awesome happy hour!

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Year after year we find our time at VLB fun and relaxing. We are always treated well and meet the nicest people. Curtis is a master at breakfast and Ashley will make sure you have whatever you need. Luis, Francisco, Ernesto and Esteban are always willing to help with a bevrage or moving some chairs. Thanks to the housekeeping staff for keeping the place looking great. So if you are looking for a place to stay without children and like quiet after 11pm. This is the place for you. My big concern about wrighting these raving reviews is it may effect my ability to get a room. (the honeymoon siute is mine!!!) Thanks again VLB

Room Tip: Make sure you check out the Villa La Bella web site for the best room discriptions.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank hotfire
Reviewed March 5, 2013

My partner and I spent 6 nights here and it was one of the most relaxing vacations I have experienced. Located just steps from the ocean, the design and layout of the villa creates a private oasis. There is plenty of room for sunbathing, either alone or in proximity of other guests. Great hammocks and quality lounge furniture are abundant. The areas enclosed by the roof provide shade for dining, drinks or reading. There is an area for free wifi that is sacred "quiet space". La Bella is not a place for those looking for a rowdy good time. It's geared to a more low key, "island time" theme as Ashley and Curtis, our hosts like to say. The hosts are a class act, charming, attentive and personable, without "hovering". Ashley is a natural when it comes to making guests feel welcome and entertained. Curtis works behind the scene, creating great breakfasts and ensuring everyone has whatever they need. The vibe there is best described as comfortably serene. It's not a luxery resort, its the kind of place where you immediately leave behind the stress of home and become one with the island. Our room was quite comfortable, although some folks voiced concern about our room's bed which is suspended by ropes from the ceiling, it was great for me. Sort of like sleeping on the ocean or a gigantic hammock with the rocking motion lulling you to sleep. We did not have ideal weather while there, a bit of unusually cool overcast and windy rainy days prevailed but for me, a natural sun worshipper, I didn't really mind. The villa and the island are so inviting that I was happy to read in my hammock with a blanket and catch the sun when it appeared or dine at one of the many great local restaurants. We met some very warm and interesting folks who were it seems, repeat visitors to Villa LaBella. I could understand why, this is the spot to unwind and get a feel for this delightful island without being overrun by crowds or noise. My only caution to others is, if you are a morning person like me, be prepared that there is no coffee until close to 8am. I tend to be up very early, usually by 5am even when vacationing and look forward to the peace of early morning. Waiting until close to 8 was a challenge for me but alas, "island time". Also, lighting is our room was minimal so, do bring a flashlight. If not for the app on my iPhone, I would have never found anything in my closet. We will be back, this is a special place!

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms do not have AC, which I could imagine being an issue in warmer months.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank grover1959
villalabella, Owner at Villa La Bella, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

We just wanted to let you guys know we appreciate your comments.

As of today Palapa 2's closet has 5 LED light fixtures in it. One in each compartment so you can see the safe and your stowed items a whole lot better.

Thanks again for the constructive thoughts and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Happy travels,