“Hospitality at its best!”
Review of Villa La Bella

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Isla Mujeres
Villa La Bella
Ranked #1 of 39 Isla Mujeres B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Hosts Ashley & Curtis take hospitality to its highest level. Their resort is beautiful, the setting wonderful, and the employees fantastic. In this cookie cutter hotel room day and age it is refreshing to find a small inn that has been shaped by the love of its owners. Special touches surround you at every turn. Ashley provides fresh cut flowers while Curtis prepares fantastic home made breakfast. Not a bad start to the day! A lovely pool/jetted tub await you with the bar and excellent home made Pina Coladas just steps away. Looking for something special in town? Curtis has you covered. You can keep your five star corporate lodging. Villa La Bella is a real treat, one not frequently encountered.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Williewould

Reviewed September 30, 2012

My husband and I came for a long weekend to celebrate our first anniversary. The rooms and the views are stunning. Not all the rooms are air conditioned, but before you freak out, it actually isn't necessary. The ocean breeze and the bug-free settings make sleeping with the windows a bit open ideal. Those rooms have suspended beds and make for an unforgettable stay. We also tried out the honeymoon suite, which does have air and is only a fraction more. However, I think I enjoyed the other rooms with open air even more. In addition, the breakfasts are delicious and the service very friendly and eager to help. This B&B is located right on the water, but does not have beach access. Even so, I would would definitely stay here again because it is only a minute and 30 pesos to the main beaches without all the headache (drunk, bachelorette parties, etc...) that you get right on Playa Norte. Also, great pool and overall, just a beautiful hotel. Thanks, Curtis and Ashley, for a memorable anniversary stay.

Room Tip: Ask for the Ocean side palapa.
1  Thank CarolineinNOLA
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We booked here at very short notice after our previous hotel cancelled on us. Curtis and Ashley made the whole experience one we'll never forget. On our first night there we were the only guests and were able to wind down very quickly from the stressful lives we normally lead. Another couple arrived on the second day, and as luck would have it we got along very well and ended up going out together for dinner etc.
The room (Honeymoon Suite) was everything we wanted, the views were stunning, our hosts were most attentive, as were their staff, and in all it lead to a wonderful, relaxing short break. We will be back.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Graeme B
Reviewed August 28, 2012

My trip to Isla started with my hotel search. After endless emails back and forth with Ashley, I am so thankful that I chose Villa La Bella. For fear of getting the word out about this place, I could not have asked for a better exerience. I'm still here and will be here til the end of the week, but I felt compelled to tell everyone. I have wanted for nothing...well maybe some more time down here...and I've been greeted by Ashley's beautiful smile, a fantastic breakfast by Curtis, and a fresh hibiscus bloom every morning. Lest not I forget the exceptional staff...courteous, friendly, and very efficient. Definitely the one and only place for absolute rest and relaxation. Mucho gracias Villa La Bella!

Room Tip: Pala!a #1...just not when I'm coming down!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank DrKen1963
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Villa La Bella is absolutely amazing! I went with 2 of my girlfriends and this was the perfect place for us. Curtis and Ashley are the best host and gave great recommendations for what we should do around the island and most importantly where to eat! We had 2 of the poolside bungalows which were perfect for us. We appreciated the AC in August! Be sure to read the information book they have for in your room. It has a ton of information about getting around Isla. They have 2 beach towels in each room and fresh water. Breakfast is a must! Curtis makes the best 3 course breakfast in the morning and the coffee is the best I have ever had. We ate breakfast every morning and lounged around the pool for a few hours before making our way around the island. The staff at VLB is top notch and was always there to bring us a fresh pina colada or margarita. Ashley has her recipes just right! We could have spent all of our time at VLB and never ventured out of the gate. They have places that will deliver food and we enjoyed everything. Special thanks to Luis, Francisco, Ernesto and Vicente for taking great care of us and keeping us well hydrated!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Kristen B
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Villa La Bella was simply amazing - I can't remember ever liking a place I've stayed at as much as I loved it here. Ashley and Curtis have really made something special. Every recommendation they had was spot on and they were so friendly and informative. The property is beautiful, the colors are vibrant and the place is super comfortable. Every second there was relaxing between the stellar ocean view, refreshing pool, hammocks and nummy nummy margaritas. The staff was excellent and very friendly and Curtis made a killer breakfast every morning. I can't recommend this place enough. It was a truly magical spot.

1  Thank Lfragile
Reviewed August 19, 2012

We found the place like many visitors, just cruising along the eastern road on Isla Mujeres and looking for a beer that would make my teeth hurt. I took some pics and said to my gf "if we come back here, I know where we're staying." Well, a year later, we made good on that.

Ashley & Curtis are just about the best hosts you could hope for. They checked in with us in passing and tipped us off on EVERYTHING that would make our trip to Isla unique and wonderful, which it was. Curtis' eggs are phenomenal, the staff are spot on, and the honeymoon suite provides an excellent view of the shoreline. Next time we'll bring a 200-lb. dog and three kids just to see how that goes (jk, seriously don't do that folks!!) If you want to feel like an honored guest in someone's home rather than a resort participant, you could hardly do better than Villa la Bella.

Room Tip: The quiet hours are from 11:30p-8a. In the palapas and bungalows this probably wouldn't work bu...
1  Thank Patrick S