“Fantastic”

$89.00*
Columbus Lobster Dinner Cruise in Cancun
$128.50*
and up
Cancun Combo: Chichen Itza Tour plus Isla Mujeres Catamaran Sail with Snorkeling
$89.00*
Garrafon Natural Reef Park: Royal Garrafon Pass
More attraction details
Owner description: Dolphin Discovery Isla Mujeres invites you to live the dream of swimming with dolphins, manatees and sea lions in paradise! Located just a short ferry trip from Cancun, Dolphin Discovery Isla Mujeres brings you the chance to interact with our family of marine mammals in a natural ocean environment. We have programs for all ages, family-friendly experiences that you will never forget!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed December 3, 2013

I knew my wife would love this, but I was really surprised at how much I enjoyed It as well. It was really amazing to see how smart the Dolphins really are. And so gentle, yet strong. The trainers and staff were really great to.

DolphinDiscovery, Social Media Affiliate at Dolphin Discovery Isla Mujeres, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

Hi, thank you for leave your comment, we really appreciate it. We're happy to hear that you and your wife had a great time with dolphins at Dolphin Discovery and know that you had a good atetion from our staff. We hope that you and your wife come back soon for another blast of fun with dolphins.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,144)

Reviewed December 1, 2013

I really recommend the Royal Dolphin swim! The expereince was amazing. Getting to touch, pet and play with the dolphins was incredible. They are so soft! I was with Marcos who was great with the dolphins and the people. While I know he must do this over and over again, he made it feel magical and unique for us. We had a group that ranged in age from about 10 to over 60 and not all spoke English or Spanish. Marcos made it work for all of us. The dolphins were Madonna and Simba and I wish I could stay witht them longer. What I didn't realize is that the cost included the swim, use of all the facilities, food and drink. You could easily spend all day there and spend less than on the beach. There is also the chance to interact with manatees and sea lions if you want to expand your expereince. The picture package is great and I felt like it was a decent price for what I got. I hope you have a wonderful time there, I would happily to this again!

DolphinDiscovery, Social Media Affiliate at Dolphin Discovery Isla Mujeres, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2013

Hi! We are happy to hear from you and know that you had a great time with dolphins and our staff, thanks for taking time to share your experience with travellers. We hope you come back soon for another wonderful time.

Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

I highly recommend swimming with the dolphins here. I talked to several of my friends who has some the same thing elsewhere and they didn't seem to get to do as much as we did with the dolphins. I lived every minute of it. The dolphins and trainers were great. The only thing that was a let down was how expensive the pictures were to buy. They were way way way overpriced. I'm sure they aren't the only ones that overcharge. Other than that, it was awesome!

1  Thank Kirstenleigh25
DolphinDiscovery, Social Media Affiliate at Dolphin Discovery Isla Mujeres, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Hi! we want to thank you for taking time to share your experience with the travellers and with us, we are happy to hear that you had a great dolphin experience at Dolphin Discovery and it was the top of your trip. We hope you come back soon for more fun.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

We did the Dolphin Swim, it was awesome, our dolphin Jacanda was not cooperating at first so they switched with another dolphin Shanda, don't know how to spell the names, she was awesome, thanks to their trainers Miguel and Oscar for showing us a great time! There was so much to do after you were done with your activity it's so worth the money, I loved it.

Hi! We are happy to hear from you and know that you had an excellent time with dolphins and our staff, thank you for taking time to comment and share your experience with the community. We hope you come back soon!

Reviewed November 22, 2013

There is no doubt that swimming with, feeding, petting and interacting with sea lions, manatees and dolphins is an unforgettable and thrilling experience. Although I do not like the idea of these animals in captivity, the ones I met seemed robust and were very attached to their trainers, and apparently receive excellent care. The trainer/guides were enthusiastic, kind, welcoming and friendly. We spent ample time with each set of animals and we were never made to feel rushed. We were given a good educational overview as well. Who knew that dolphins sleep with only 1/2 of their brain at a time? As an aside, we enjoyed a swim in one of the two pools very much, and the (included) lunch and drinks were nicely presented and tasty. The down side: very, very expensive. And the photographer required each person to pose many times, turn towards the camera and smile. So, I knew what was coming. But we wanted to concentrate on the interactional experience without such an intrusion. By the end of our visit, we were of course thoroughly delighted and euphoric from being with the animals (so naturally we looked really swell in the photos). Then as expected we were herded in to view our dozens of pictures on the computers. They were very tempting indeed. Tempting that is until we were told how much they would cost. I don't mind paying big bucks for an incredible experience with sea mammals (about $330-ish US dollars for 2 adults). But it was truly a slap in the face to be "offered" these so-so digital photos at obscene prices. $27 for one photo? $200+ for a book? I left with a lot of fun memories but a very bad taste in my mouth.

DolphinDiscovery, Social Media Affiliate at Dolphin Discovery Isla Mujeres, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

Hi! we are happy to know that you had a great experience with dolphins at Dolphin Discovery. We want to thank you for taking the time to comment, we really apprecieate that and we are sure that the travellers that read this review do aswell. We hope you come back soon for another amazing experience!