“Beaming smile guaranteed!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

$89.00*
and up
Columbus Lobster Dinner Cruise in Cancun
More attraction details
Owner description: Dolphin Discovery Isla Mujeres invites you to live the dream of swimming with dolphins, manatees and sea lions in paradise! Located just a short ferry trip from Cancun, Dolphin Discovery Isla Mujeres brings you the chance to interact with our family of marine mammals in a natural ocean environment. We have programs for all ages, family-friendly experiences that you will never forget!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Beaming smile guaranteed!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

I have always read trip advisor for tips and ideas of where to go but never actually written a review but this place deserves one. We did the Royal Swim through virgin holidays and was worth paying the extra to be able to do every activity possible and have maximum time with the dolphins. Our trainer was Marcus and our dolphins were Rachel and Simba.
I have always always always wanted to do this but that didn't mean that I wasn't a little nervous getting into the water. But I don't even remember the nerves lasting they were gone within a instant. The trainers give you no time to feel nervous. They are so thorough and organised with the group you can only enjoy and feel excited about the whole experience. The foot push was amazing the strength and skill of the dolphins is mind blowing they are adorable creatures and the connection with them is unreal. I would absolutely do this experience all over again!!
The other great part about dolphin discovery is you get so much more for your money. Following this we snorkelled with stingrays and sharks and then swam with manatees which were all a walk in the park after being in such a high with the dolphin swim.
Another great thing about this centre it is all based in the sea their natural environment where there is plenty of space to play.
Following all of the above we then got our catamaran further round the island to the Garafon reef where we snorkelled cayaked and zip lined and also stopped for lunch and got a few souvenirs. Make sure you budget for photos we did as we knew 100% we wanted photographic memories of our experience. The only down part was that we had so much to we would have loved some more time to explore and enjoy the island but there just aren't enough hours in the day!

1 Thank Gemma G

• Hungarian first
  • Korean first
New Castle, Pennsylvania
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 60 helpful votes
“An amazing experience.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

Dolphin Discovery in Isla mujeres is an amazing place. The excursion itself is 139$ a person for the royal swim, which is what my husband and I did. It cost us 30$ for transportation from our resort. Bring 6$ per person to take a boat to get to the island itself. Upon arrival to the dolphin discovery, you see dolphins, sharks, stingrays, sea lions, and many trainers. At first it seems like total chaos because everyone has different wristbands on and swims at different times. Just ask someone and they will help you. Staff was pretty nice. Lockers, showers, and towels are included in the price. You must provide your room key or ID to receive a locker key. If I did it again, I would wait until the initial rush of the lockers was over before I tried to get one for myself. Do not forget your camera to take pictures. They won't let you bring an underwater camera into the ocean, so leave those behind. The ocean is basically set up into swimming pools. The pools are blocked off from the rest of the ocean. You stand on underwater fences with your life jackets on, and take turns doing activities with the dolphins. Check out their website to see which activites are included in the package you choose. Photos are expensive, but not compared to another dolphin swim I did in Jamaica. In Jamaica, one photo was 25$. Same cost here basically, but talk to them and they will work on pricing with you. We got all of our 65 pictures on a disk for 84$. There are pools, bars with swings, beach lounge chairs, and tables and chairs around for you to relax on. There is no beach. Food was average. Drinks were good.. Can't beat an all inclusive drinking day. We had a great time swimming with the dolphins. I'd recommend doing this if you haven't done it before.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Excellent except the photo prices”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

We did the sea live discovery plus it was absolutely amazing the trainer with the manatees and sea lion was very knowledgeable and was a fab experience . The dolphin trainer was also amazing I loved the foot push . I liked how they also talked about the environment . The location was lovely food and drink good . Only thing that lets this place down is the price of photographs it was very expensive I have swam with dolphins in the us before and they didn't charge no where near the amount these wanted. I ended up having no pictures which I really wanted as they only had one package available I feel they should put different packages and place the prices up as you would be told different prices by 2 different people and they said they couldn't print off where I saw a sign that they could if you bought a picture frame I feel this aspect lets this amazing park down and should be the only thing improved .

Visited August 2013
“Cool !!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

I went to isla mujeres in august with 3 friends, it was a great experience to swim with dolphins and our instructor (elie) was nice, he made everybody confortable and happy !! I will do it again for my next vacations !!!

Visited August 2013
Mar del Plata, Argentina
146 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 165 helpful votes
“These guys KNOW how to steal your money...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

and there is nothing you can do about it.

This is a wonderful experience, everybody should have the chance to swim with dolphins.
And everybody should be able to remember this moment...but wait, they will charge you 130 usd to let you remember this amazing experience in pictures, and of course they do it with a smile!!!

Dolphins seem to be taken care of, but i am not expert. It was such and incredible experience!!!!
You are only in the water for about 20 minutes and may be 1 minute in total interacting with the dolphins. But still worth it.

Now the price of the pictures is an extortion. It is really expensive.