“Friendly Deliciousness!!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed May 17, 2014 via mobile

Fantastic place, staff was very friendly, explained the menu preparation options in detail, offered to buy our meal if we didn't like anything, overall appreciated the great service and killer food, highly recommended!! We had the stuffed seafood with cheese sauce, guacamole, and coconut shrimp. Cocktails we're great too! Worth the drive from downtown.

Reviewed May 14, 2014

Our dinners here were delicious, however they were very overpriced. I didn't really look at the prices on the menu when we ordered. Only when we got the bill did I realize how expensive this dinner was.
I got the pineapple fried rice with chicken and asked for no mushrooms, of course it came loaded with mushrooms. They took it back and picked out the mushrooms...or most of them. I would have expected that they would make it over but oh well. My husband got the surf and turf which was 2 skewers of arrachera and shrimp but more veggies than meat/shrimp and a weird blue sauce. My kids ordered the arrachera with potato.
We don't drink so only ordered sodas and water and dinner with tip cost us $1,000 pesos. We won't be back.

1  Thank andrea5150
Reviewed May 10, 2014

The food here was passable, but not great. Ordinary menu. Tables outside on a quiet street, but the meal was unremarkable.

Reviewed May 2, 2014

My friend and I ate at Monchi's last week and really enjoyed our meal and experience there. There is really great food to be found on Isla Mujeres, and the best restaurants are off of Hildago street. As you head north on the windward side, Monchi's,is after the airstrip heading into town, Monchi's is a small mostly outdoor restaurant on the right, look for the string lights. Ramon Pena, the owner, and Reyes Davila, the barman are super friendly. I had steak kabobs that were cooked on the grill perfectly. My friend is a fisherman and we stopped and bought fresh conch. They were really nice to cook it up for us in a tasty butter sauce. YUM!!! I highly recommend this restaurant for fantastic food and service at a very fair price!

Reviewed April 25, 2014

Monchis has been gaining a reputation as a bastation of food innovation. I have been dining in some in some of Isla Mujeres best kept secrets since I started visiting and I must say it is quite an experience . For those of you searching for a culanary experience like no other, look no further than Monchis!

we had the amazing Valerie salad which essentially a salad of pickled vegetables , tender arrachera strips and signature dressing it was truly remarkable for the main dish I decided to have the lobster the dish was executed perfectly. My husband had the gabardina shrimp which was absolutely amazing the bright colors made it a feast for the eyes as well as the stomach.

we had the tamarind margarita!

If you are visiting the Isla Mujeres and want a exeptional culinary experience ! Well I have already revealed what you use to be a secret! MONCHIS