“Food so good there are people outsider waiting for a seat!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Monchis - CLOSED

Monchis
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Houston
“Food so good there are people outsider waiting for a seat!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2014 via mobile

Monchis just surprises me every time ! The food Gets better year after year! There is even people outside waiting for a seat ! Just delicious!

• Visited February 2014

Salinas, California
“tacos al pastor - margaritas - yum”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2014

We were here in the summer so we always waited until late to eat for comfort. We also generally didn't have a huge appetite so we started small when we ordered at this modest appearing --Munchie - kind of place. It was SOOOO much more than that.
We had the tacos al pastor and went on from there. The food was delicious, the service attentive and kindly. I highly recommend having a meal here while in Isla.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Kathy V
Calgary, Alberta
“A great meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2014

Friendly staff, casual atmosphere with outdoor seating, excellent margaritas, and great food. We had read about Monchis' Caramelo on the Mapchick map ("a unique dish of layered flour tortillas with beef, cheese, a cherry glaze, and Monchis' secret sauce"). My kids and I thought it sounded a bit weird, but my husband decided to try it, and it was delicious! My son wanted to go back to eat there again just so he could order it. I wanted to go back for the margaritas!

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank vagabond_dreams
Polk City, Iowa
“Great steak tacos”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2014

Nice place great people to serve you! The drinks were very good tacos were great the pineapple chicken was ok. I would go back for the tacos.

Visited January 2014
St. Catharines, Canada
“Great Food & Excellent Drinks”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2014

Great little place to go when you are looking to get away from the crowds in Centro. We started with the pineapple/cilantro margarita it was large, super tasty and really refreshing. Everything on the menu sounded terrific but or table decided on coconut shrimp, stuffed grouper and steak kabobs. Everything arrived hot and looked very appealing. My girlfriend said it was the best coconut shrimp she has eaten anywhere! the grouper was really good as were the side dishes that came with it, fried rice and grilled vegetables. My next visit to Monchis I'm going to have to try the pineapple shrimp fried rice it looks amazing! Everyone left full and happy, we will be back!

• Visited November 2013