“Amazing!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I can't say enough about Monchi's. We ate there 5 times this last trip, and not once were we disappointed. Ramone is always trying very hard to make sure everything is the way you want it, he speaks excellent english, and is genuinely concerned that you enjoy your experience there. Siggy, the cook, can (and does) do some amazing things with fish. The stuffed grouper is a must try if you like fish. Any thing with shrimp that Siggy does is delicious. If Ramone doesn't have it - he will go get it. More than once he ran out to pick up ingredients for Siggy so that what ever dish was ordered could be prepared to Siggy's demanding standards. And the results show it. We loved that we could just call ahead and he would have a table waiting for us when we got there. The garlic dip for the fresh bread is sooooo good. And thanks again Siggy for showing me how to make that at home!! We went again on Sunday the 17th for our last night on the island, and as always they pampered us. We will be back next year for sure.

If you're in doubt - just go and try it - you won't be disappointed.

Thanks again to Ramone, Siggy and the crew from Rod and Anna! See you next February guys!

1  Thank islaaddict

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Delicious coconut shrimp and stuffed grouper -- and the pineapple cilantro margarita sounds strange but it was good enough to order seconds! Great friendly service.

1  Thank DakotaDolly1
Reviewed February 17, 2013

I had the steak burrito; the wife had the shrimp skewers. Both of these entrees were delicious, plated nicely and the portions are huge! Monchis exceeded are expectations. We'll go back to Monchis on our future trips to the island. Keep up the good work!

3  Thank brinstl
Reviewed February 15, 2013

To start off I must say this place is located on a semi busy road front, it did not bother us at all. but if your looking for tranquility and romance then think again, We loved the food and service. I had the stuffed baked grouper stuffed with shrimp. It was smothered in a creamy wine sauce that was excellent. Now keep in mind you will lose the pure fish taste with this combo, but I have to admit I had this same type of dish nearby and it was a loser. So for me to say this was super, then I mean it. The fried rice with pineapple was a surprising delight. So much better than the typical white rice or bland brown. Joann had the coconut shrimp, she was worried that it would be to sweet, needless to say it was muy bueno. There was a dipping sauce that has a sweet and sour kick to it. I would venture to say it had a pinch of wasabie. I tried her shrimp and again to die for. Also the melted cheese appetizer was on the money. Our meal with a glass of wine and a lemonade was around 50 USD, A bit pricey for the location but the food and service made up for it.

1  Thank bowmanmt
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Tis is a great small restaurant out of the hustle and bustle of downtown! Baked potato and shrimp is great! My husband had a steak burrito that put him in a food comatose and the garlic dip for the bread is a meal in itself!

1  Thank Diane G