“I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO RECOMmEND ...............”
Review of Monchis - CLOSED

Monchis
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Chicago, Illinois
“I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO RECOMmEND ...............”
Reviewed December 24, 2012

The food at Monchis appears simple, but the flavors have remarkable depth. Monchis is known best for its seafood and burritos and the reputation is well deserved. The restaurant is both clean and tidy - despite it being small and outdoors. All the staff members there greeted my companions and me with smiles as warm as the food they serve. I would thoroughly recommend Monchis Grill and Bar to anyone wanting to experience a true Isleños cooking. The owner Ramon a native of Isla Mujeres knows about cooking his seafood. I know I certainly will be returning soon!
When visiting Monchis try their Margarita Pineapple with cilantro!
They have a variety of seafood dishes and burritos!

Charlevoix, Michigan
“Awesome shrimp quesadilla”
Reviewed December 24, 2012 via mobile

Wasn't on the menu, but had a craving for one, so asked and they made me one. It was really good.
Great margarita served in a big glass. Can't go wrong here.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“welcome to La Isla”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

We set foot in Monchis about an hour after arriving on La Isla - we couldn't have had a better welcome. What a phenomenal, yet unassuming, little cafe. The food was inventive, attractive and absolutely delicious. Open to the street, you see Isla's street-life come alive before your eyes - it's magical. Don't pass by this wonderful eatery!

1 Thank TrevorLucas
Lake Bowen SC
“Ate there twice - FANTASTIC, AND FRESH!”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Great restaurant - first time we went by, we thought it was too small and out of the way, but we kept getting rave reviews from other travelers..so we went, and had their seafood specials! Unbelievably good! So Good, that we went there twice...so we could try ALL of the specials!!!! GO THERE, You will not be disappointed! And, BTW, great margaritas!

Visited November 2012
Naples, Florida
“Nice little cafe”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Very good food, gracious service. Not a place you are likely to stumble on. It is really worth a visit . My sautéed shrimp were delicious!