“Fantastic Destination” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 38 Hotels in Isla Mujeres
Dallas, Texas, United States
“Fantastic Destination”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

My girlfriend and I went to Nautibeach Condos for a few nights stay. We had a room on a huge resort between Cancun and Playa del Carmen for an entire week and planned to check out Isla Mujeres for a few days. I ended up proposing on the beach, just a short walk down from Nautibeach Condos...the beach and water were stunningly beautiful.

After walking around and inspecting many hotels on the beach, we found there were several locations worthy of staying on Playa Norte...several. Among them is the Nautibeach condos. The staff was extremely accommodating! Every person we passed, among the staff, was extremely friendly. We stayed in No. 8 for two nights on the ground floor. It had a beautiful view of the well-maintained garden area. While I would never "under-rate" the upstairs rooms for ocean view, I will tell you that there were some advantages to the downstairs unit. Firstly, there were two sliding glass doors enabling you to walk out into the garden area and have conversations with your neighbors. Now, there was the challenge of locking the patio door behind you, but if you're on the phone talking to loved ones back home via the complimentary Wi-Fi from the hotel, it's quite nice to walk in/out of the room. Not much time spent in the room, but the A/C worked perfectly and the rooms well-kept and clean! Most of our time was spent directly in front of the condos on the beach. Included with the room rate were lounges, umbrella, towels and table for the beach. Most other places on the beach charged daily for the use of these luxuries/necessities, I discovered. Loosely affiliated with the resort is the Sunset Grill. Should you decide to relax on the beach, take care of Kenneye (probably spelled that one incorrectly) and Effrain (that one too)! They help prevent you from getting parched throughout the afternoon, speak good English and genuinely care about your experience on the Island! We ended up meeting several people from Texas, many are friends on Facebook, now. My fiancé (she said yes!) has been to St. Maarten, St. Bart’s, Cabo and Playa del Carmen with me and Isla Mujeres was the only one in which she indicated a desire to return! Enjoy your stay at Nautibeach, should this be your home away from home for a few days.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank JNBJr

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

This was our first trip to Mexico so we didn't really know what to expect other than what we had been told by friends. When we arrived we were instantly impressed by the professionalism and friendliness of the staff we had contact with. Once we settled our selves into the condo we explored the area adjacent to Nautibeach. This is the most beautiful place I've ever been to. The landscaping and gardens are flawless. The pool area and the obscured views of the Caribbean are awesome. During our 9 day stay I was impressed with the courtesy of all staff members, always greeted with "Hola" and a smile. The office staff was very helpful assisting in the rental of golf carts or any other recreational item we wanted to experience. The housekeeping staff did a wonderful job of making up the condo and always left it in a way that made us think we were just arriving. One aspect I really appreciated was the security of the complex. There was no fear of anyone other than guests and staff hanging around trying to sell their wares. I definitely looking forward to returning to Nautibeach next year.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

After many visits to Isla Mujeres, I finally decided to stay on North Beach.
Unless I travel with a group in the future, I will not stay anywhere else as a solo or in a couple again. The fact that there are only 34 rooms makes this the best condo on the island. The Sunset Grill is attached to the condos, and the food was surprisingly super! Sunset Grill is managed separately but their waiters will still bring your drinks and food to you at the Nautibeach pool or the Nautibeach beach.

Nautibeach Condos does not have an elevator, so if stairs are an issue, a bottom floor room will be a must. I stayed on the 3rd of 3 floors in a regular 2 bedroom (Room 30) condo. (there is a 4th floor, but that is reserved for the penthouse suit). The entire staff is very friendly and helpful. Gameba (pronounced Guh- mee - buh), in the Home Owners Pool office is amazing! She grew up in the United States and is completely fluent in English and Spanish. She spent summers and holidays with family on the island when she was growing up, and now lives there full time. She is, in my opinion, the best assett at Nautibeach. Leopoldo is also very professional and friendly. I hope Nautibeach Renters Pool compensates them well. They are certainly worth their weight in gold!

The Renters Pool Office provides daily beach towels for each guest in the suite, and beach loungers, as well as beach security. This is important for me, as I often travel alone, and appreciate someone to watch my belongings while I cool off in the water. I was sure to show my appreciation for this service to the beach security man via a generous tip. He was extremely helpful and professional.
Because there are only 34 units, there is plenty of room on the beach. There is a sign in front of Sunset Grill beach club that coolers and ice chests and outside food are not allowed. However, on the Nautibeach Condo side of the beach, those things are certainly allowed ---- PLUS, the waiters from Sunset Grill are also allowed onto the Nautibeach Condo part of the beach to serve the guests from the condos. Best of both worlds..... I took my own drinks on ice, but ordered snacks and food from the grill.

I was a solo traver and paid the rate for two people in my condo (a third person rate- $25 more per night, but one person was not $25 less per night). I had indicated at check-in that I had several friends on the island and it was very possible that I might have a visitor or a guest to hang out with me. This was noted on my account. So, when a freind did stop by to pick-up a graduation gift I had purchased for his girlfriend at the University in Merida, he was turned away and not allowed to enter the premises. I would have appreciated this sort of security, had it not been for the fact that I met him personally at the security gate in order to escort him onto the property, and offered the ID card of my friend. We were told by the evening security guard that my friend (who I refer to as my adopted little brother), could sit with me on the beach or at the restaurant but could not enter into the pool area, or my condo. As a 44 year old grown woman, I was embarrassed and indignant, and made to feel like it was assumed I was running some sort of brothel out of my condo. However, I attribute this behavior more to the personality of that particular security attendant (who I did not recognize as one of the regular morning or afternoon attendants.). I was treated with nothing but grace, respect and hospitality from virtually everyone else during my stay --- especially from Gameba and Leopoldo. I will definitely stay at Nautibeach again, but I will give the specific name of my guest(s) to the office attendant and ask them to note that on my account. I will also ask them to alert the security attendant.

Don't hesistate to contact me if you want to know more....

Room Tip: I stayed in a Regular Room which is not technically an ocean view room, but does offer an ocean view...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
8 Thank michellegreene1969
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

My friend and I rented a 2 bedroom condo on the second floor for a week in July. It was excellent! The location of the building is perfect - a 3 mins walk to hidalgo street and the downtown area where all of the restaurants and stores are. The beach was amazing - beautiful, soft, white sand and the pool was great too. We felt very safe with security at the gate of the condo complex, and somebody always around. We rented through vrbo.com instead of going into the condo pool but not sure what the difference was really. We stayed in unit #17, rented from Katy and Dave and were very happy. Just one small inconvenience. There were 2 of us and we had one beach towel each for the first 4 days. We needed more beach towels for sure - 2 each and refreshed every other day would have been best. Considering it's a beach/pool holiday, extra towels would have made a difference. We were also told that we would have cleaning service on the third day, when in reality we got it on the 5th day.

What's great about staying here is that you can get restaurant / drink service on the beach and at the pool. The restaurant right beside the pool - the Sunset Grill is not very good except for their grilled cheese sandwiches which are delish if you want a taste of home. The restaurant on the other side is much better and you get service from them on the beach.

I would highly recommend this location.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ontario74
Louisville, Kentucky, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

We rented #9, a ground floor, 2 bedroom condo, that we rented from Katy and Dave. It is right on the end of North Beach and has access to the fabulous beach! Condo was great and spacious. The pool was a little too chlorinated for my taste, but we didn't really care as we spent most of our time at the beach. Having the Sunset Grill next door for drinks and beach snacks was awesome!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Whitney B
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

Two bed one bath condos w/ kitchenette and patio.
Pros: location, nice staff, beachfront, great pool.
Cons:
No place to do laundry yourself on the grounds.
They are VERY protective of their beach towels. To the point of being rude. They have a good system in place but trust you to tell them how many you are bringing back. We told them the wrong number and they didn't believe us and it was a battle. Just unnecessary and something we had to threaten the kids about every day.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank urbanestages
Fort Collins
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed in #25 and it was really nice. View of the beach and ocean, quiet, nicely furnished little condo. The bed was surprisingly comfortable. We had 3 people and I could see the bathroom getting a little crowded with more people (only one bathroom). However, everything was perfect for us! Seemed like a good place for kids/families too. I wouldn't eat at the onsite restaurant though, overpriced and not as good as places in town.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family