“Great pizza!”

Oscar's Grill
Ranked #18 of 220 Restaurants in Isla Mujeres
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Oscar’s Grill was founded in Isla Mujeres over 2 decades ago. It is a great place to experience Mexican and International food. Stop by for breakfast, lunch or dinner at this unique restaurant located next to a quiet marina on the shores of the lagoon Macax. Enjoy your favorite drink at its diverse bars, sitting on the incredible wooden chairs; you will be pleasantly surprised how comfortable they are. The only place to enjoy eating lobster chosen by yourself, and cooked specifically for you. Oscar’s can also be rented for all types of events and can accommodate up to 150 guests. Located mid-island, you can access by golf cart, motorcycle, car or yacht. Supervised at all times by the owner of vast culinary experience - Oscar. He will ensure that you are fully satisfied with your food, service and visit at his restaurant.As of September 2012, Oscar’s Grill will also be serving authentic New York pizza and pasta. Pizzas created and hand tossed by Michael (formely of Milagro’s pizza). Don’t miss out on the famous Garlic Bread. Pizzeria open 5pm to midnite, last pizza order at 11:30pmDine In – Take out - Delivery
Reviewed January 8, 2014

This was our first time trying out Oscar's and we loved it. The pizza was fantastic and the garlic knot bread was very good. The Pina Coladas are very good too!
Usually I am not a fan of pizza with a ton of crust but the bread was chewy and fresh. We had the mozzarella stuffed crust and it was great! We will be returning to Oscars on our next visit.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

We had been driving past this place for a few days, therefore we got super curious and decided to give it a shot. My husband had a burger and I had guacamole. The guacamole was average but unfortunately my hubby did not like the burger at all. The restaurant is huge in size and the menu is quite extensive. The location is right on the side of the main road and it has a nice "vibe". When we visited, it was in the middle of the day and there were not too many patrons. This place may have it going during the evening for drinks and music, but as for the food...we would not go back.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

Short review, not interested in the customers. 1.5 hours and no Pizza, no visit to the table to explain why. We sat there and watched pizza after pizza go out for delivery and when we went up to speak to the owner we were told that they made the wrong pizza and ours was in the oven, the oven was then not working the next time we went to ask, after 4 visit to the kitchen (no one ever came to the table), we gave up and left. Don't appreciate being lied to again and again. Heard the pizza is good if you can get one.

3  Thank Emickool
Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

We've been coming to Isla for a few years and we moved to the island last spring. We've gotten to know a lot of folks on the island and some of our best friends are restaurant owners and chefs. I say this to let you know that I understand what it takes to run a restaurant on this tiny little island. But on Isla or in NYC, there is no acceptable excuse for what we experienced at Oscar's this evening.

I understand well that any kitchen can experience all kinds of problems on any give evening. What is inexcusable is to see the owner in the kitchen yet refusing to come over and talk to us or apologize for the fact that we waited over an hour and a half for a pizza with NO explanation, NO apology, and no visit from management although we requested to speak with someone three times. I understand well that the language of this country is Spanish (and we are studying the language as we have chosen to live here) but this is a vacation resort and to have a server who cannot understand enough English to take an order or bring what the customer requests has no business waiting tables. After taking quite a while to sort out that we wanted salad dressing on our salads--not salsa! He disappeared never to return so not only did we wait for an hour and a half for the pizza, but we did so with empty drink glasses.

Meanwhile, we are getting more and frustrated, and hungry and cannot believe we have not had any word with the manager. We finally left, never having received out pizza, and I can promise you, we will never return!

PS...not two weeks ago, I sat and chatted with this very restaurant owner at a different restaurant here on the island. We talked about food and service and he assured us that both were important to success. Too bad he couldn't bother to come and talk to us when he had the chance tonight!

3  Thank karenkaye
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We stumbled into Oscars after a long day of everything imaginable on the Island. Hopped up into those massive bar stools. Love them! Very busy, happening place. The bartender was extremely busy but gave me a tour of the entire place because I had lots of questions. lol Those awesome bar stools are made from huge tree trunks from Thailand.

After several cocktails, we ordered a pizza, and Fettuccine (Zitti) with grilled chicken to go. When we arrived back at our Condo at Nautibeach we ate. The fettuccine was AWESOME!!!!! Very generous portions I might add.

So the next evening we wondered if the food was really that good or if we were just hungry the night before. Well we decided to go for a second round of dinner the next night. My husband ordered some burgers and fries. Spectacular. We ordered two orders of the Fettuccine (its actually Zitti or spaghetti) with grilled chicken to go. I am a huge pasta fan, this is fabulous Alfredo sauce!!!

Would travel to the Island just for Oscars!! Mmmmmm mmmmmm good!!!