“A great day with Jorge”

Sport Fishing Center Isla Mujeres
More attraction details
Owner description: At Sport Fishing Center Isla Mujeres we bring our passion for being on and in the water to every trip. We offer Whale Shark tours, Sailfish encounters and of course the best fishing of your life!
Omaha, Nebraska
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“A great day with Jorge”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2013

We wanted a break from the standard all inclusive hotel stay in Cancun and decided to venture to Isla Mujeres. I had booked a boat for inshore fishing in advance through Jorge. I was first impressed after sending a couple emails with questions while planning the reservation. He asked for my phone number so he could call and personally explain everything to me. Loved the personable service from the start. The couple days before our fishing adventure were rainy and it was questionable whether we could even get out fishing. To avoid an issue Jorge readily accommodated a time change from 8 am to 10 am start to help our chances. The day turned out great after 9:00 and we had beautiful sun for the time with Jorge and his ship mate Raul. We were there with our kids, ages 12, 10 and 6 and I think Jorge had just as much fun helping them catch fish as us. In all, we got six barracudas in just 2.5 hours. The only drawback was my sea sickness. I knew in advance that I tend to get sick (even if medicated) with rougher waters. This is why I booked an in shore adventure. Of course, this cannot be controlled by Jorge but he was so considerate when I started getting sick over the side of the boat after we got out a bit far. We asked him to take us a little closer to shore to help me out and with a great attitude, he wanted to ensure I was ok. Once we were a little closer in, I managed well. When it came time for us to end, Jorge made sure to take us through the magnificant turquoise blue waters near the north shore. Such a beautiful trip. Jorge speaks great English and you can tell he has a passion for fishing and making sure his guests have a memorable time. I really wish I was not so affected by sea sickness, because I have no doubt with his attitude and knowledge, i could get something grand deep sea fishing.

Visited October 2013

Leominster, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great Fishing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

One of the best Captain you can go fishing with on Isla. Great Time my friend hope to see you soon! Anyone looking to go fishing should look up Captain Jorge he will take you on a fishing trip you will remember.

Grateful Fisherman
Shawn Tourigny

Leominster,MA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Just simply Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

Our family which included two teenage kids, did our Whale Shark experience with Sports Fishing Center. We began our trip leaving the Island around 9:00 am, boarded a beautiful boat, along with 8 others and during our trip out to sea, our guide Jorge went thru our instructions to make it the best possible experience. He explained that he would take us in two at a time and position us in the best possible position all the while maintaining a safe and respectful position to the Whale Sharks. Jorge has the utmost respect for these beautiful fish and his knowledge and team work planning on the boat made it a great experience for everyone. We all got to pitch in, helping each other getting equipment on, getting in and out of the water quickly so that we all got the opportunity to get into the water and have close up encounters at least 4 to 5 times each, that afternoon. Jorge was in the water the entire time and did everything possible for each person to have incredible up close ( and I mean up close !!) experience. We were unable to snorkel a reef as planned as there was storm clouds coming in but we were taken back to North Beach for cold beer and fresh ceveche. Upon return, we were pleasantly surprised by a pod of wild dolphins which made a perfect ending to a truly amazing day. I would highly recommend Sports Fishing Center for any fishing or tours you plan while vacationing on the island. They were professional, knowledgable, experienced and go hundred percent out of their way to make the experience everything you could want !!! Hands down one of the most amazing, surreal, exciting and incredible experiences I've ever had and I'm so glad we chose the Sports Fishing Center !!!

Visited August 2013
North Augusta, South Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Sportsfishingcenter.net”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013

Isla Mujeres has a place to do some good fishing. Sportsfishingcenter.net is what to look up. Caught my first Mahi Mahi and had a total blast. Crew really knows what they are doing and will show you a great time. I recommend this to everyone !!

2 Thank Reynold1970
Oceanport, New Jersey
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Wonderful Fishing and Adventure with Captain Jorge”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

This was my first trip to Isla Mujeres and I am very grateful for 2 things - One was the fact that the wind died down and cooperated the day we had our trip scheduled. the other was the fact that we had Captain Jorge as our guide for the day! He is a genuinely nice person, spoke perfect English and gave the three of us a lifelong memory.
I booked with Jorge for a morning of snorkeling, spearfishing and fishing. The weather was beautiful and we were able get out to some spots that are normally difficult to fish when it is windy. On the ride out, Jorge pulled out a picture book to identify and teach us about all of the different species of fish that we would be targeting. He is VERY informative and knowledgeable of his home waters. This was extremely helpful - he told us which fish are the most delicious and how to get them! I was interested in trying to find some lobsters too and he said, "No problem."
Well, we had the most amazing trip and the colors of the water and fish - just everything was amazing! Jorge is part fish. He did most of the spearing because he is really amazing underwater. I did my best to try to keep up and he did a fantastic job teaching me some methods and techniques. I managed to get a few lobsters and some snappers and had a great time for hours and hours in the water. Really cool stuff!
I highly recommend Captain Jorge. His fees were competitive but not unreasonable by a long shot. The prices in Mexico are much better than the Florida Keys. His boats and equipment were very good. He gave us a few recommendations of where to bring our catch to have it cooked and prepared. This lead to us finding an absolute gem of a resort in Isla Mujeres called Casa de los Suenos. Look it up and read my review and check out their website casasuenos.com

I took a bunch of photos so enjoy.