“what a disappointment!”

Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed May 6, 2013

ate mexican for days - it was all good but we needed to cleanse our palates with some comfort food. we were saving tres mentiras, just for this purpose...and all we were offered was tapas. it wasn't late - around 7 or so. and we were looking forward to the shepherd's pie, too.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

I had to write a review about Tres Mentiras' margaritas. They are the best I have ever had and I have had several to compare them to throughout Mexico. We stopped in late one evening to have a cocktail that was advertised for 50 pesos on the sandwich board in front of this restaurant. I didn't get to watch how the young woman made the margaritas but they must have been made with fresh squeezed lime juice... no sweet and sour mix in these drinks. They were delicious. We had a few drinks while we sat outside on the main street and people watched This place ihas a friendly staff, comfortable tables inside and outside and great drinks. A band also plays most evenings as well. What more can you ask for???

Reviewed March 27, 2013

30 Pesos for a beer and a tequilla shot is nothing short of dangerous!
I stopped into this local hangout every night I was in town for spring break! I fled the South By Southwest crowds who pour into Austin, Texas for the largest live music festival in the world, but because of the friendly staff, relaxed atmosphere, and great bands at this little bar, I actually felt like I was right back in downtown Austin, Texas. The crowd is a great mixture of local expats, tourists, and Mexicanos who may spontaneously break out in dancing, singing and/or just sitting themselves down at your table to find out who you are.
Its my new go-to bar on Hildago when I want have a beer, and a shot, and listen to great live music.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

Fun place with great value. It is a nice spot for people watching on Hildalgo. We also enjoyed their music later at night!

Reviewed December 29, 2012

My husband WILL NOT stop talking about their shepard's pie! He claims it was better than mine-I think he is right! They make everything from scratch including the pie crust. The ratatouie was great. Finish your meal with some hula hooping. This is a great find, we will go back.