“Happy suprise” 5 of 5 bubbles

Tres Mentiras
Ranked #53 of 201 Restaurants in Isla Mujeres
Cuisines: Mexican, Bar, Pub
Good for: Dining on a budget, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Isla Mujeres, Mexico
“Happy suprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2012

We stopped into this place at the north end of Hidalgo street the other night when we were too tired to cook for ourselves. I was expecting standard Australian pub fare and would have been happy with that, but we had much better food than standard pub food. I like shepherds pie and have had it many places and this was amoung the best. My wife had the chili, which was gently seasoned with cinnamon, a great surprise. It was delicious! We also had a potato dish that was really good. The service was great as well. We will definately be back.

• Visited December 2012

Las Vegas Nevada
“fun and food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2012

on Hildalgo at the north end the were serving a Sunday roast the roast cam with 9 different vege's and a smile from the owner Tracy lots of friendly people and great drinks

Visited December 2012
Vancouver, Canada
“Great atmosphere, well-poured drinks, central location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2012

Stepping into this place makes you feel like a local islander. They've got a great atmosphere of mixed ages, languages and background - great for mingling! Their drinks are definitely not "sissy-where's-the-booze?" kind of drinks and economically priced (that's hard to find on this island!). They've also got great food, that's a bit out of the ordinary for Isla. They're across from Lola Valentina's that has live Salsa band music a few nights a week, and they often have a few locals jamming there on other nights.

A great location on the main street, perfect for meeting new people and experiencing real island charm.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank Dstravels09
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“The best place for a chilled evening on Mujeres”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2012

We visited this place on the first night of our holiday on Mujeres. And then every night after that. Great place for a beer, especially if you like: reasonable prices, charming service, good debates, sleepy chihuahuas, tasty pies, and guitar hero. I'm back home in England now, but if I had a teleporter I would totally pop in for a beer tonight. And not just because it is raining here. It is raining though.

• Visited April 2012
Perth, Australia
“It be Un-Australian not to eat here”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2012

My fiance and I ate here tonight. I had to write this now while the delicious meat pie flavor lingered in my mouth. It was a fantastic meat pie! (I havnt had one in 10 months of traveling) and it hit the spot just perfectly. Great staff working, very friendly and helpful. Well priced (second cheapest on the main strip) Mains are 80 pesos (and very filling) and beers are only 15pesos!!!! Thats cheaper than the kwiki marts sell them! I've missed Aussie food soo much and both my fiance and I thoroughly enjoyed reliving Aussie food. We had the steak sanga and meat pie. The meat pie was hands down favorite, if I had to be picky the steak meat was slightly chewie but loaded with so many awesome ingredients that you barely noticed.

• Visited April 2012