“Really enjoyed this place”
Review of Soggy Peso

Soggy Peso
Ranked #18 of 228 Restaurants in Isla Mujeres
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Good for: Scenic view, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Reviewed March 21, 2014

We went to the Soggy Peso a few times during our trip to Isla. We had heard about the potency of the margaritas but I don't think we were really prepared for what lay ahead! They were delicious but after two, I was struggling! The staff were so friendly and our food was great. I ordered the nachos and some guac. Very delicious and the atmosphere can't be beat. Just very low key and it definitely has an island feel that we were looking for. Absolutely someplace that everyone traveling to Isla must go.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

We visited the Soggy Peso on two separate occasions during our stay. The first was on a Saturday evening and the second was early afternoon during the middle of the week. We had a group of eight people each time. The meal on Saturday evening was superb! Three of us ordered the fish tacos, and we all agreed they were the best we'd ever eaten! The nachos were also wonderful! Pay attention to the margaritas - they will sneak up on you.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

If there is anything you do on the island...you must go to the Soggy Peso and have a margarita. They have food specials everyday...I had the tacos one day and hot wings the other...food was some of the best I ate on the island. It has a relaxed easy going feel. Freddy and the boys are some of the funniest and most wonderful people I met. You must go here!

Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

Great laid back atmosphere. Bartenders were great. The shrimp tacos were beyond amazing. Beware, the margaritas are strong. There is a reason it is called the SOGGY Peso.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

This was a placed we picked months before our trip to visit on Sundays Smoked BBQ night. Are we glad we did! I posted several pics that will give you a vibe for the place.

Food -
The picture I posted of the BBQ combo plate won't do it justice.......... smoked ribs, chicken and sausage with coleslaw, potato salad and peppers all for $14/plate! I consider myself a fair to good smoke chef myself but this may have been the best ever! The ribs and chicken fell off of the bone and the chunks of sausage provided the perfect compliment. By the way - two plates fed 4 of us! They throw 90 full racks on the smoker and sold out by 7:30!

Drinks - We had two margaritas each could not handle a third! The strong margs and food were the talk of our resort PA. Different groups went each night for the fun atmosphere and good food.

More food -
Monday was lobster taco night. We did not go but after hearing about our experience on Sunday night others from our resort did. Those that ate that night loved them. Nearly every afternoon we drove the golf carts there for margaritas and no one we knew was able to have a third!
I think it was Tuesday or Wednesday when we visited again for margs and they were grilling the wings for wings night. We almost stayed they looked and smelled so good! For wings!!!!
Thursday was cheese burger in paradise night but again we just went for the margs as we had different dinner plans.We all nearly changed our minds when we saw them. They we as big as anything I have ever seen in the US and the customers eating them raved about them.

Atmosphere - FUN!
Hundreds of customers leave their hat or bring a college/pro flag and they hang from the tiki thatched roof or on the wall. Lots to look at!
Casual fun for a drink or comfort food! Only drawback is that it could use a real good cleaning but Don't let that stop you from trying it.
Owners are both very personable and were always there talking with customers. We usually stopped late afternoon or early evening and it was always packed.