“The Very Best on Isla mujeres”
Review of Soggy Peso

Soggy Peso
Ranked #19 of 209 Restaurants in Isla Mujeres
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Good for: Scenic view, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
brighton
“The Very Best on Isla mujeres”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Stopped by The Soggy Peso after a days scuba diving. We were warmly welcomed to a very friendly bar. The company was Excellent with locals & bar staff. The Food was out of this world,try the ribs they are the best i have ever tasted. If you want a authentic,Mexican island bar with great scenery,company,Food & drinks then this is the place. Remember you are on island time,Buy a t-shirt to say you have been,though you will never want to leave!!!. Love this place:))))

• Visited September 2012

Chicago, Illinois
“Scary at First Site”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

The Soggy Peso was recommended to us by a couple at our hotel. We enjoyed some of the absolute BEST salsa and guacamole that I've ever eaten, and the shrimp cerviche and chicken/steak fajitas were unbelievably good! The atmosphere was so comfortable that it felt more like we were sitting around enjoying a meal with family...until the iguanas walked in! Thanks Soggy Peso and Soggy Doggy for the great meal and hospitality! Hope to see you soon!

Visited July 2013
Pittsburgh
“Hidden gem”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

If you blink you will miss it! We did not eat here but came stopped in twice for drinks and had a really fun time both visits! Very cool little place, with hats and memorabilia from all over the world. Colleges, sports teams and of course The Terrible Towel! Fantastic place to watch the beautiful Isla sunsets! Looking forward to our next trip and another fun day at The Soggy!

• Visited July 2013
Mexico, Missouri
“Good Food and Good Company!”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

My hubby and I went here for the first time (and 2 more times) last year while we were spending 8 days on Isla Mujeres. He had seen some reviews of the place on line and thought he wanted to check it out. It was a little difficult to locate but worth the search.

The food was fantastic. Especially on Sundays when they smoke ribs! Mmmmm. The atmosphere is laid back and nobody is a stranger. The owner and employees and even the "regulars" treat you like they have known you your whole life.

The grounds are small but lush. There is a stairway down to the shore where there are beach chairs and an umbrella. Some days there is even a giant iguana hanging around sunbathing.

I would say The Soggy Peso should be a "Must" on the to-do list of any and everyone over the age of 30 who visits the island..

*** There is also a cute 4 room mini-hotel that is part of The Soggy Peso but I will not review it as I never stayed there. However you can see part of it in some of my photos.

• Visited September 2012
Calgary, Canada
“An island favorite!”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Every Christmas my family heads down to Isla and Soggy Peso is one of our all time favorite spots! Best margaritas on the island and such great atmosphere. Goosey is our favorite bartender and he makes some awesome drinks! Be sure to go on Shrimp Taco day...Seriously, they are one of the best things I have ever eaten in my entire life. The crunchy shrimp, fresh tortilas and fresh vegitables topped with that spicy chipotle mayo...to die for! I am already counting the days until we can return to the Soggy Peso this coming Christmas!

• Visited July 2013