“An island favorite!”

Cuisines: American, Mexican
Good for: Bar scene, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Every Christmas my family heads down to Isla and Soggy Peso is one of our all time favorite spots! Best margaritas on the island and such great atmosphere. Goosey is our favorite bartender and he makes some awesome drinks! Be sure to go on Shrimp Taco day...Seriously, they are one of the best things I have ever eaten in my entire life. The crunchy shrimp, fresh tortilas and fresh vegitables topped with that spicy chipotle mayo...to die for! I am already counting the days until we can return to the Soggy Peso this coming Christmas!

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Do not miss the ribs on Sunday... Really really good! We enjoyed our time at the soggy...A lot of the expats hang out here..we met an array of colorful characters ... It is much smaller than it looks in the pictures.. We will return to the soggy on our next visit!

Reviewed July 10, 2013

Just one special a day - that's all you get. Our time to go was on Sunday for their Texas bar-b-q. Then on Tues (I think) is their Cheeseburger in Paradise day. Good burger! Always friendly people around to talk to. Great marguaritas, but be careful. More than one and you'll be soggy...errr....sorry.

Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

Been going here for about 5 years now and every time I am pleased. Whether it's great food or drinks, I'm never disappointed. The atmosphere is fun and the owners always make sure you're having a great time!

Reviewed July 7, 2013

The kitchen is barely 6x6 but the food coming from it was AMAZING! I'd heard of the Soggy Peso from some Parrothead friends and when I mentioned it to our hotel concierge and other locals - they appeared amazed as if I'd uncovered one of "their" hidden gems.

The Soggy Peso isn't your touristy bar . . . it is a 100% authentic Mexican Beach Bar with a love of the locale and the tropical lifestyle. The bar is tucked behind a home on Isla Mujeres. The beer is cold and it comes quick. We were joined in the bar by regulars who took no time making us feel at home. We were early and waiting for the kitchen to open - it was Crunchy Taco day and the regulars were telling us we were in for a treat. We waited snacking on chips and fresh guacamole - SO GOOD! More cold beers and finally our tacos! They bar offers chips, salsa, guacamole and ONE Daily Food Special. Crunchy Taco day was a absolute hit with our group of foodies and finicky eaters.

The bar is set up in a nice little tiki hut complete with full bar, bar stools, high top tables, and a litany of local animal/wildlife guests. Feel free to wander and explore the property and be ready for a good time, good conversation, and good food - ALL at a reasonable price.

Don't expect a Senor Frogs or high end prim and proper beach bar catering to tourists. This is the real McCoy and worth your time. If heading to Isla - HEAD TO THE SOGGY PESO!
When arriving at Port get a golf cart and head south about 5 miles - it's on the right hand side of the street and there are a couple of signs though easy to miss. The Locals know of it and how to get you there if needed.

If I knew then what I know now . . . I would have spent my entire day on Isla at the Soggy Peso. My biggest regret was not getting back there before we came home. CHECK IT OUT!

1  Thank mjeischen