“Fine Dining”

Limon
Ranked #8 of 211 Restaurants in Isla Mujeres
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Enjoy fine dining at Limón in an itimate atmosphere in our beautiful courtyard or elegant interior dining room. Reservations required.
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Limon is a most attractive place, and the food we had was excellent. We had walked by one night and were invited in to take a look around. The inner courtyard is beautiful and the other dining rooms are also very nice. We went back the following week for dinner and had a nice visit with Sergio, we remembered him from his days on Playa Sol. We tried the avocado salad, chicken satay and pasta primavera all of which were delicious. Drinks were very good. During a visit with Sergio we talked about his idea of having a cooking class and I said I would love to attend if he decides to do it. While we love the small, typically mexican restaurants, it is also nice to have a place to go for a special dinner.

Sergio C, Owner at Limon, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2013

Thank you so much for dining at Limón and for writing this review. Happy to hear that you enjoyed everything!

There are newer reviews for Limon

Reviewed April 4, 2013

My fiance and I dined here on our recent vacation and we thought it was the best meal we had while we were there. The atmosphere was fantastic, we sat in the lovely outdoor garden and were able to have a glass of wine while enjoying the fresh air. Loved being able to watch our food being cooked on the outdoor grill. Highlights were the tuna tartar appetizer, the filet mignon was great (id heard bad things about Mexican steak but this was fantastic), and you have to try the desert with ice cream and grilled pineapple...it was delicious! Sergio was very friendly and spent a good amount of time with us discussing the island and food. We will be definetly be going back next year!

Sergio C, Owner at Limon, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2013

Thank you for qualifying your meal as your "best meal on the island"! What a great compliment! We are also happy that you enjoyed your meal and our special pineapple dessert! Thank you for choosing to dine at Limón and for writing this review!

Reviewed April 4, 2013

Great dining. The food was excellent and the service couldn't be better. Beautiful restaurant and away from the crowded downtown. It is worth to take a golf cart or a taxi, explore this amazing area and discover the best restaurants in the island. Limon for sure is one of the best. By the way, please save room for dessert. Dishes are big and generous, and the desserts as well...the pineapple dessert will literally be a hit and the highlight of your evening.

Sergio C, Owner at Limon, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2013

Thank you so much for your review and for saying we are "one of the best" ! It's great to hear that you enjoyed your food, especially our special pineapple dessert! Thank you for dining at Limón.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

I would like to respond to "dhwnelson's" review, and support all that owner, Sergio, writes in his reply. We were the couple sitting directly beside the very loud and very rude table of approximately 10 that Sergio had to deal with. We shared the same server and he was courteous and humble in the face of obvious adversity from the moment we walked in. Most of the members of this adjacent table appeared intoxicated and were starting to get very loud. Two men in particular were completely oblivious to the fact that there were other tables trying to experience the wonderful food, wine and atmosphere that Limon provides. The start to our evening was not tranquil to say the least. Swearing began and that was when Sergio needed to truly put his foot down. He said to one of the disrespectful guests (off to the side), "Sir, this is fine dining, not fast food". He went on to calmy but clearly explain that now that the table had finally arrived and had finally decided, the skilled culinary team could begin to cook all of the food. The discussion escalated to a point where serving these diners was no longer an option for his establishment. They left just as beautifully presented appetizers made their way to the table. I felt truly heartbroken for the kitchen staff who rushed to get all of this food to them after much drama. The members of the table left with a great deal of commotion only to return because they wished to take THEIR wine back with them again. My sympathies go out to the staff at Rolandi's who were now faced with this disgruntled, intoxicated bunch. Sergio went out of his way to apologize for what we had to witness and sit next to, though it was clearly not his fault. He sat with us, made sure we were completely satisfied and ensured that the rest of our dining experience was fantastic. We love Isla Mujeres and will be returning to Limon year after year!
-K&M (Nova Scotia)

2  Thank Kristi-Mike
Sergio C, Owner at Limon, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2013

Thank you so much for writing this review. I truly appreciate you taking the time to write this review. It means a great deal to us. Although your evening was disrupted, I am relieved to hear that you enjoyed the rest of your evening and do look forward to seeing you on your next visit! Thank you so much for dining at Limón.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

I went to Limon by recommendation of the owners of my vacation rental and thoroughly enjoyed the food and interaction with Sergio (the owner) and the rest of the staff! The avocado salad was a great vegetarian appetizer. There are numerous vegetarian options on the menu. Sergio made sure that accommodations were made for my food allergies and I was confident they would not serve or prepare anything that would effect those allergies. It was fortunate that I arrived after most other guests had left and it felt like Sergio had been a companion for many years as he sat down and we shared wine and told stories after the other patrons left. I welcome Sergio and his family to my Canadian home should they ever wish to visit! The quality of experience should not be overlooked by those who stay in Centro, which is only a 60 peso round trip via taxi. Limon deserves and gains my strongest recommendation.

Sergio C, Owner at Limon, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2013

Thank you for such a complimentary review! At Limón we do have a varied menu and try to cater for all. So glad to hear that you enjoyed your food and felt confident that we would respect your allergies. Both myself and my family are flattered that you would welcome us into your home, thank you! Many thanks for recommending Limón!