“Healthy + delicious”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

Even though I had my mind set on a different spot for breakfast, my girlfriend convinced me to come here. Very glad we did! Awesome homemade bread and jams, great coffee and so many healthy choices on the menu... Not that common while traveling. The staff couldn't be friendlier.

If you're tired of the typical greasy spoon breakfast, do yourself a favor and go to Elements.

1  Thank minnieme76
There are newer reviews for Elements of the Island

Reviewed July 13, 2014

There is no a/c so it's a bit warm, but the food was very good and we learned about 2 vegetables grown right there called chaya (cross between spinach & chard) and chayote (sort of like zucchini) which were both delicious. Homemade breads and jam, fresh squeezed OJ and good coffee.

Reviewed May 29, 2014

I was incredibly impressed by our breakfast. I went for the Swiss All Inclusive breakfast; it included muesli, rosti and fried egg, home-made jam and bread, fresh OJ and coffee. It was fresh, cooked to perfection and delicious. The muesli was great, with fresh fruit. The organic coffee was good. I watched the OJ being squeezed moments before it arrived at the table. The fried eggs were perfect, set on a delicious rosti. The home-made jams were blueberry and mango, and banana, apple and coconut. My husband had the European breakfast and troughed it down, and said it was great! I highly recommend this place for breakfast! The restaurant itself is nice, the staff are working hard but still friendly and attentive and genuine. Plus, I was full until dinner time; it was an overall great experience!

Reviewed May 20, 2014

The restaurant was attached to the hotel with the same name. It is open daily from 7:30 to 1:00 and serves a range of breakfasts and light lunches. The food is all homemade, including the bread and spreads. Bottomless cup of coffee, with heated milk if you like. Four patio seats right on the street. My breakfasts came in under 10 pesos each day, and there are lots of cheaper options on the menu.

Reviewed April 26, 2014

We ate here one morning and loved it.

I ordered a breakfast the came with mex eggs dish, two large pc of homemade bread, homemade jams, fresh fruit, fresh orange juice and coffee for 85 pesos. ($6.50 USD)

My wife had a yogurt and fresh fruit dish with granola and loved it also.

Great local place on a side street away from all the traffic of Haldago. It is also on the east side of the street so you get the morning shade. Very nice people running it and great service. Out door seating available.

We would go back again.