“The best homemade breads and jams”

Elements of the Island
Ranked #64 of 220 Restaurants in Isla Mujeres
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Keep in mind you are now on IM time, (relax... there is nothing "fast food" about this place) and you will a great breakfast or lunch at The Elements. We ordered several different entrees, but we were particularly smitten with the white and multi-grain breads served with raspberry jam and a pineapple, banana, coconut jam. The red sauce served over the eggs Mexicana was excellent and also was made in-house. They open at 7:30 am, ( closed on Wednesdays) so if you have an early start or need to be somewhere by 8:00 am, it wouldn't be the place for you; however, if the beach is your destination, you are 5 minutes away and there are virtually no early birds on the beach in IM!

Reviewed December 2, 2012

Every time I am in Isla, I must have at least one breakfast meal here. The coffee is fantastic. They grow their own chaya in the courtyard off the restaurant. They make fresh-squeezed orange juice. And the bread is served with two very unique spreads -- one pineapple coconut one to die for.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is the perfect restaurant for Isla Mujeres, a low-key but high quality restaurant that makes you feel at home. You have to try their home baked bread (like nothing you've ever had) with their special jam sauces. That alone is worth a visit. It's included with any entree you buy. The owners are fantastic, the atmosphere is relaxed, and the food is light and healthy.

Reviewed August 8, 2012

I discovered Elements two visits ago upon the recommendation fo a friend who owns a restaurant on the island. Now you know a place is good when it is recommended by the competition!
Majeed and his staff are very friendly. I love going there. The street is quiet, the seats cushy and the food is excellent! My favorite is the Swiss breakfast. Meant to go there a lot more but time got away from me. Can't wait to go back!

Reviewed May 5, 2012

My ONLY hesitancy is I'm afraid this small brilliant gem of a place (breakfast and lunch) will get too crowded and I'll find myself out of luck. I'll take my chances and repeat what I said in an earlier "review": this is my absolute favorite place on Isla (along with one other which is mid-island) for breakfast with the freshest and most wonderful of ingredients (beautiful coffees, breads and jams...and so much more) including fabulous owners (from Paris; viva La France!) - and a menu, food, to die for. Simple and delicious, I can't speak more highly enough about Elements of the Island, although I think I just did!

Save me a table sil vous plait!