“What an island-friendly place!”

Elements of the Island
Ranked #5 of 253 Restaurants in Isla Mujeres
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is the perfect restaurant for Isla Mujeres, a low-key but high quality restaurant that makes you feel at home. You have to try their home baked bread (like nothing you've ever had) with their special jam sauces. That alone is worth a visit. It's included with any entree you buy. The owners are fantastic, the atmosphere is relaxed, and the food is light and healthy.

Reviewed August 8, 2012

I discovered Elements two visits ago upon the recommendation fo a friend who owns a restaurant on the island. Now you know a place is good when it is recommended by the competition!
Majeed and his staff are very friendly. I love going there. The street is quiet, the seats cushy and the food is excellent! My favorite is the Swiss breakfast. Meant to go there a lot more but time got away from me. Can't wait to go back!

Reviewed May 5, 2012

My ONLY hesitancy is I'm afraid this small brilliant gem of a place (breakfast and lunch) will get too crowded and I'll find myself out of luck. I'll take my chances and repeat what I said in an earlier "review": this is my absolute favorite place on Isla (along with one other which is mid-island) for breakfast with the freshest and most wonderful of ingredients (beautiful coffees, breads and jams...and so much more) including fabulous owners (from Paris; viva La France!) - and a menu, food, to die for. Simple and delicious, I can't speak more highly enough about Elements of the Island, although I think I just did!

Save me a table sil vous plait!

Reviewed April 14, 2012

I love this place, the food is delicious, service excellent and atmosphere friendly. My favorites are the homemade breads and jams, the healthy and delicious fresh squeezed orange juice with chaya, and the bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwich is the best in Isla. I often stop here and have always enjoyed the excellent food and the friendly, helpful staff.

1  Thank Kitty G
Reviewed April 10, 2012

We are sooooo glad that we stopped here to eat for breakfast. Small restaurant in a small boutique hotel but this was one of the best meals we had. You can order a la carte or a complete breakfast with juice and coffee. We ordered the complete breakfast. I think it was around 85 pesos and worth every penny. The orange juice was hand squeezed (they were squeezing it the whole time we were there) and the coffee was wonderful. We had the Mexicano breakfast, which was a fried egg on tortillas with beans and cheese. I had the scrambled eggs with chaya. The food was delicious but the best part was the homemade bread. It came with two different kinds of jams, one of which was pineapple with bits of coconut in it. It was the most heavenly thing I've ever had. I would return just for the bread. Don't miss this hidden gem.

1  Thank playamomma