“Wonderful breakfasts and lunches!”

Elements of the Island
Ranked #64 of 232 Restaurants in Isla Mujeres
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed April 14, 2012

I love this place, the food is delicious, service excellent and atmosphere friendly. My favorites are the homemade breads and jams, the healthy and delicious fresh squeezed orange juice with chaya, and the bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwich is the best in Isla. I often stop here and have always enjoyed the excellent food and the friendly, helpful staff.

1  Thank Kitty G

Reviewed April 10, 2012

We are sooooo glad that we stopped here to eat for breakfast. Small restaurant in a small boutique hotel but this was one of the best meals we had. You can order a la carte or a complete breakfast with juice and coffee. We ordered the complete breakfast. I think it was around 85 pesos and worth every penny. The orange juice was hand squeezed (they were squeezing it the whole time we were there) and the coffee was wonderful. We had the Mexicano breakfast, which was a fried egg on tortillas with beans and cheese. I had the scrambled eggs with chaya. The food was delicious but the best part was the homemade bread. It came with two different kinds of jams, one of which was pineapple with bits of coconut in it. It was the most heavenly thing I've ever had. I would return just for the bread. Don't miss this hidden gem.

1  Thank playamomma
Reviewed March 22, 2012

We have been going for four years,service is great,the owner always remembers us,i recommend the muesli and home bread and jam.

1  Thank Nrm_50
Reviewed March 2, 2012

Every day - starting at 7:30 AM, except closed on Wednesday - this is my favorite spot for a good healthy breakfast with the friendliest owner and staff. Whether you pick a traditional American style breakfast, or a European traditional yogurt/fruit based dish, you can enjoy their homemade breads with two different homemade marmalade combinations with your coffee choice.

1  Thank David F
Reviewed January 30, 2012

This quiet, off-the-beaten-track gem is a wonderful alternative to the loud, hustle-and-bustle of ordinary, main-stream restaurants main drag. Offering a breakfast and light lunch menu, the food is fresh, healthy and delicious. This was the first restaurant I have seen outside of Switzerland itself, that offers a full Swiss-style breakfast, as well as other items on the menu. (They even serve Roesti, a Swiss staple, similar to American Hash-Browns.) The bread is homemade, fresh and delicious, and comes with a variety of fresh jams, and homemade fruit spreads. The orange juice is squeezed right there. There is a variety of European cheeses, as well, on the menu. The owner, Majid, is from Paris, and is a very kind, welcoming soul. (His family still owns a restaurant in Paris.) He made us feel right-at home. I HIGHLY recommend 'Elements' to any new visitor, and any 'return visitor' to Isla Mujeres! This place is not-to-be-missed, and we ended up eating there some 4 times in our week-long stay!

1  Thank Drewsey