“Best breakfast of the trip!”

Elements of the Island
Ranked #59 of 206 Restaurants in Isla Mujeres
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
chicago
“Best breakfast of the trip!”
Reviewed April 10, 2012

We are sooooo glad that we stopped here to eat for breakfast. Small restaurant in a small boutique hotel but this was one of the best meals we had. You can order a la carte or a complete breakfast with juice and coffee. We ordered the complete breakfast. I think it was around 85 pesos and worth every penny. The orange juice was hand squeezed (they were squeezing it the whole time we were there) and the coffee was wonderful. We had the Mexicano breakfast, which was a fried egg on tortillas with beans and cheese. I had the scrambled eggs with chaya. The food was delicious but the best part was the homemade bread. It came with two different kinds of jams, one of which was pineapple with bits of coconut in it. It was the most heavenly thing I've ever had. I would return just for the bread. Don't miss this hidden gem.

1 Thank playamomma

Revelstoke, Canada
“Excellent healthy breakfast”
Reviewed March 22, 2012

We have been going for four years,service is great,the owner always remembers us,i recommend the muesli and home bread and jam.

1 Thank Nrm_50
Isla Mujeres, Mexico
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The best and healthiest place to have breakfast on the island.”
Reviewed March 2, 2012

Every day - starting at 7:30 AM, except closed on Wednesday - this is my favorite spot for a good healthy breakfast with the friendliest owner and staff. Whether you pick a traditional American style breakfast, or a European traditional yogurt/fruit based dish, you can enjoy their homemade breads with two different homemade marmalade combinations with your coffee choice.

1 Thank David F
Houston, Texas
“Best European-Style Breakfast!”
Reviewed January 30, 2012

This quiet, off-the-beaten-track gem is a wonderful alternative to the loud, hustle-and-bustle of ordinary, main-stream restaurants main drag. Offering a breakfast and light lunch menu, the food is fresh, healthy and delicious. This was the first restaurant I have seen outside of Switzerland itself, that offers a full Swiss-style breakfast, as well as other items on the menu. (They even serve Roesti, a Swiss staple, similar to American Hash-Browns.) The bread is homemade, fresh and delicious, and comes with a variety of fresh jams, and homemade fruit spreads. The orange juice is squeezed right there. There is a variety of European cheeses, as well, on the menu. The owner, Majid, is from Paris, and is a very kind, welcoming soul. (His family still owns a restaurant in Paris.) He made us feel right-at home. I HIGHLY recommend 'Elements' to any new visitor, and any 'return visitor' to Isla Mujeres! This place is not-to-be-missed, and we ended up eating there some 4 times in our week-long stay!

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank Drewsey
Portland, Maine
“THE BEST RESTAURANT [ESPECIALLY FOR BREAKFAST] IS BACK!”
Reviewed January 13, 2012

This has always been my absolute favorite place on the island for breakfast (not that I minded lunch) and when the previous owners - who had become good friends - closed Elements of the Island I was deeply saddened (and certainly not alone). The great news is it's back - with two friendly and engaging French owners, Magicd and Jean (and my waitress Monica was perfectly lovely) - and while I had GREAT concerns that it would never be nearly as fabulous, or nearly the same, I KNEW it would be from one glance at another patron's food on my very first visit. 6 visits later, in an 8-day stay, is all the proof you need know and I need write. Need I say more? Didn't think so.

• Visited January 2012