“Food Art...”

Cuisines: International
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Reviewed May 26, 2014

My husband and I stayed at Maria's Kan-Kin and ate most of our meals here. Sebastian is a food artist! Everything he makes is MAGIC! Sometimes he even sings while he prepares his masterpieces, which we also enjoyed. Snapper, grouper, ceviche, tostadas and more! Interesting salads as well! He and his staff are incredible cooks, not to be missed on Isla Mujeres! If you come here for dinner, you can enjoy the city lights of Cancun across the way...

2  Thank Christina0701

Reviewed May 14, 2014

This review is LONG overdo but I looked for this restaurant on Tripadvisor after our trip to Isla Mujeres but couldn't find it. Now that I am looking to go back to Isla Mujeres, I found it !! Yay!!! So we happened upon this restaurant on a nice cruise around the island and stopped for some food... We were the only patrons there and they rolled out the red carpet ! We were made delicious drinks and told to go ahead and enjoy the beach or the pool or the loungers on the beach... Whatever we desired ... Sooooo nice and secluded ... We loved it.. I never had so much fun waiting for my food EVER!
The waiter was so nice and hospitable and the tacos ( fish tacos and chicken tacos ... DELICIOUS ... I wanted to explore new places on my 2nd visit to Isla Mujeres but I just might have to come back here instead .... See you soon !!

1  Thank tagin
Reviewed April 30, 2014

We stayed as guests at Marias, so we had the pleasure of a few meals here. First, their margaritas are excellent. We enjoyed two dinners over looking the water. The food was fresh and tasted great. Get there for sunset. While we were there, the restaurant was never crowded, which is a shame because they really do have excellent food. Even if you are not staying near by, it is worth making the trip there for dinner. While we were there, they stopped serving at 8pm, so make sure to arrive before then. The service was great as well. Highly recommended.

1  Thank Ginaz
Reviewed April 25, 2014

My mum and I both had fish dishes. She choose the catch of the day which was catfish and I had the snapper. Both were excellent! But we both preferred the snapper as it had a spicy kick. Lovely, delicious, simple food. A hidden gem.

1  Thank Steph M
Reviewed April 22, 2014

We stopped in again for the callimari and it was great as always. Sebastian and Augustina do a great job with the service and quality of the food they are good people and the view of the water from the restaurant is beautiful. When on Isla its a must visit you won't regret it