“Fresh delicious ingredients with very attentive service”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Lola Valentina

Lola Valentina
Ranked #13 of 201 Restaurants in Isla Mujeres
Cuisines: Mexican, Caribbean, Latin, Central American
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: For food lovers looking for creative Mexican and Caribbean using local and the freshest of ingredients. This restaurant puts out some of the best plates on Isla Mujeres. We also have lots of vegan and gluten free options. Stop by and taste the difference everyday 8am-qpm & 5pm-10:30. Smiling faces await to serve you!
San Francisco, California
“Fresh delicious ingredients with very attentive service”
Reviewed June 23, 2014 via mobile

The first time we lost track of time and they were almost closing, so we just grabbed a couple of margarita's at the bar. I had the cucumber-habanero, my husband had the watermelon-thyme? I think it was thyme or rosemary. Both were so fresh and delicious. We went back the next morning for breakfast and it was even better! Great selection, generous portions and fresh ingredients. The beverage selection is wonderful: fresh juices, teas and smoothies. Our server was super nice, accommodating and with great knowledge of the menu. Wish we have had another day to go back and try other items. Great place! Would definitely recommend.

• Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
Dallas, Texas
“Lola Rocks”
Reviewed June 19, 2014

When you visit Isla, Lola Valentina is a wonderful stop for breakfast or dinner. Everything I have tried on several visits has been delicious.Many of her creations have caribbean inspired layers of flavors and textures.
My favorite breakfast is the Eggs Benedict-perfectly poached eggs over buttery croissants with a spicy hollandaise and little "tiles" of bacon (she will happily serve regular hollandaise on request). Her coffee is some of the best on the Island. Heather had the tres leches french toast with a sweetened milk sauce served on the side. Crunchy and gooey at the same time-D-Lish. On our last visit for dinner, for my appetizer, I had the pan seared octopus with caribbean asian spices. This was amazing! The octopus was perfect, very tender and unctious and the dipping sauce complimented it perfectly. For our entrees we both had spinach salads with fried goat cheese puffs, pecans and dried cranberries topped with a grilled chicken breast and a basalmic tamarind dressing. One of the best I have had anywhere. Also try her crafted cocktails, I am partial to the watermelon mojito-very refreshing. Lola is the consummate host, sweet, very friendy and helpful. I can't wait for my next visit so that I can try her Mayan inspired cuisine at her new restaurant - opening soon right next door. Do yourself a favor and give Lola Valentina's a try-H

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank HarryBigD
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Excellent food and good service”
Reviewed June 19, 2014

We had dinner here one night during our stay on Isla.
I had some very tasty fish tacos - the best I ever had!
The drinks are great too. I had a margarita - I believe it was with pineapple and ginger? Very good indeed!

The ambience is very nice as well, and the guy that served us was attentive and friendly.

• Visited June 2014
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Excellent food beautiful surroundings”
Reviewed June 12, 2014

We are at Lola Valentina a little over a year ago. I had the pan seared catch of the day, which, if I remember correctly was a sea bass, served over coconut rice with grilled veggies & a tamarind soy ginger sauce. It was nothing short of phenominal. the presentation was beautiful,fish cooked perfectly, with a big bold flavor.
We will be back on Isla in 2 days, and eating dinner there this coming Sunday for my partners birthday. I am looking forward to trying Lola's for breakfast as well!
See you in a couple day's Lori!

• Visited July 2013
malibu
“Oh the french toast...”
Reviewed June 11, 2014

Our favorite breakfast spot and really good dinner too. Husband loved the cinnamon pancakes until he tried my French toast. Ha. But, both were great. Empanadas, jalapeño poppers, and veggie curry were also tasty.

Visited June 2014