“Great Breakfast” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lola Valentina

Lola Valentina
Ranked #12 of 201 Restaurants in Isla Mujeres
Cuisines: Mexican, Caribbean, Latin, Central American
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: For food lovers looking for creative Mexican and Caribbean using local and the freshest of ingredients. This restaurant puts out some of the best plates on Isla Mujeres. We also have lots of vegan and gluten free options. Stop by and taste the difference everyday 8am-qpm & 5pm-10:30. Smiling faces await to serve you!
Dublin, Ireland
“Great Breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2013

Hi Lola, I'm sorry but I posted my review on the wrong restaurant. We were in here for breakfast in mid December, the food and staff could not have been better, when I went to pay the bill I was short and it was not a problem to Lola, "just drop it back later". Which I did and also a great excuse to come back for dinner, another great experience. Take a bow Lola, best breakfast on the Island.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Rocman2

• Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
Newton, Massachusetts
“5 Stars just for the coffee alone!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

What a delight to come to Lola's. My family and I were there on two breakfast occasions. At one point my sister in law said, "best breakfast I've ever had!" as in ever! I, too, was thrilled. Coffee is from Oaxaca and we learned that a pinch of salt and cinnamon in the brewing is the secret ingredient. Plus they has had both freshly made almond milk and leche de soya at the ready. For the lactose intolerant that was a home run.
On the food side, had the ginger lime French toast...wonderfully prepared with flavors I haven't experienced elsewhere. Also the seafood crepe scramble was absolutely heavenly. Honestly, don't know why this place is not ranked higher. It's a must-go.
Looking forward to going back on another trip. Loved it!

1 Thank Ross O
Colorado
“Will come here over and over”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

After dining here a few times last June and finding the food delicious and owner lovely to talk to, we decided to come here again this past week.

The restaurant is truly one of the best on the island. The beautiful restaurant, inventive food and amiability of Lori the owner are really a winning combination.

First the breakfast food:

The menu is divided into sweet dishes and savory, and we tried them both. My husband swears by the breakfast empanadas, which are served with a wonderful chipotle sauce and potatoes with poblano peppers. The flavor was great, with more than ample portions. My daughter had the cinnamon roll hot cakes, which have a crispy cartelized almond and cinnamon crunch to them. Outstanding! I had the "cheesy poblano black bean and potato hash" with scrambled eggs on top. What a great dish. We carried half of that back to mix in with our eggs when I cook breakfast in the room. Really a great flavor.

Dinner was equally good. I had chicken tacos with a spicy slaw and peanut sauce. A great fusion of Yucatan and Asian flavors. Superb! My daughter had shrimp and beef, served with a roasted pepper sauce that was delicious. Forget what my husband had but he claimed it to be delicious as well. It always starts with the best ingredients and you can tell care goes into each dish. Prices are extremely reasonable for the quality of food prepared.

Service was great and Lori is probably the most social owner of any restaurant we have been to. What a delightful adventurous person. She and her daughter are great people.

Lori is also adding on a section that will be primarily devoted to inventive vegetarian and a few fish dishes.

Be sure to try this restaurant. You will find yourself coming back again and again.

1 Thank HeidiCO
Co.Clare
“Excellent food, a great place to eat”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013

This is a really great place to eat. The staff are very welcoming, the cocktails are great, the food is fresh, delicious and very nicely presented. Also, relative to other restaurants on the island its reasonably priced. The restaurant itself is very pretty and has a good atmosphere. I'd definitely recommend eating here.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“Best food on the island”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013

Went here for breakfast and again for dinner just to try it even though we had already eaten dinner. The breakfast eggs benedict with chipotle hollandaise was amazing! We also had the tres leches french toast and it wasn't too sweet, but had a nice crunch to offset the soft toast. The owner is the exec chef and was the one to take our order. Just be aware they're closed on Wednesdays, which is a bummer because I could eat here everyday.

Visited December 2013