“A unique menu of margs and excellent good! ”
Review of Lola Valentina

Lola Valentina
Ranked #24 of 240 Restaurants in Isla Mujeres
Cuisines: Caribbean, Mexican, Seafood, Bar
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: For food lovers looking for creative Mexican and Caribbean using local and the freshest of ingredients. This restaurant puts out some of the best plates on Isla Mujeres. We also have lots of vegan and gluten free options. Stop by and taste the difference everyday 8am-qpm & 5pm-10:30. Smiling faces await to serve you!
Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

The atmosphere and architecture are clean and inviting! The food was incredible and you have to try the watermelon-jalapeno marg! Lola was actually our waitress as it was low season. She explained each dish and made recommendations that were perfect for us! A must while staying on they island!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,647)

Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

We dined here 3 nights during our 14 day vacation. We kept going back for her Spicy Garlic shrimp in coconut curry sauce...TO-DIE-FOR! That dish is by far the best curry dish I have ever had in my life and I'm a curry lover. Spicy, tasty, saucy and very original! Our plates were always clean in minutes we gulped that food so fast...I should also mention her drinks, amazing margaritas and loved her mango mojitos! I'm anxious to see her new restaurant next year! It was good to see you again :)

1  Thank Paradisiaque
Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

Went here for dinner on our first night on Isla Mujures. It was delightful! Lola greeted us and was a pleasure to be served by.

The appetizer of plantain and shrimp was cooked to perfection and left us dying to sample the main which arrived seconds after our plates were cleared.

Lola suggested the garlic coconut shrimp entree which I had and was not at all disappointed by. It was bursting with flavour and really was a fantastic dish. My friend also loved his dish - the shrimp stuffed red snapper.
Lola was friendly and very welcoming, suggesting nearby local breakfast spots and offering tips based on her knowledge as a local.

We had a brilliant dinner and wouldn't hesitate to recommend the restaurant.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

Some friends invited us along to Lola's and based on the wonders of the previous restaurants they had taken us to we jumped at the chance. We were seated outside and Lola was a great host - it's low season so the place was pretty quiet. Some delicious fresh watermelon cocktails eased us in... Lola talked us through the menu - and it really is different when the restaurant owner talks you through her recipes... It does help them come of life... I love Red Snapper so my choice was easy!!
The food was good, we enjoyed the grilled watermelon starter (not heard of this before) and my snapper was yummy. I also tried some of the stuffed Chicken which was also good - but the portion size was pretty big and the chicken pretty filling (which is perfect for some, but i had leaving good food so i'd have struggled - well that or rolled home!). Some of our party weren't quite as impressed with their fish dishes - but we had been kinda spoiled and maybe that's the drawback of the chef explaining their creations - the expectations get raised.
Lola is in the process of opening another restaurant nearby that will be serve Local Mayan food - will definitely be giving that a visit on my next trip...

Reviewed October 26, 2013

This is not your typical mexicamerican food nor local food. You are proposed original creations based on local fresh ingredients and local flavors. Some we have never seen before, like this grilled watermelon and local cheese plate... :)
Very friendly staff, great presentation, cozy atmosphere. The only negative: you need to pay in cash and in peso, because her exchange rate is bad, and she does not take cards... That is why I give 4 and not 5 has the food only would deserve.

PS: despite the comments in the previous review, the margarita was really good, and is quite strong actually!