“Fabulous food and wonderful, creative drinks - best on Isla Mujeres”
Review of Lola Valentina

Lola Valentina
Ranked #24 of 240 Restaurants in Isla Mujeres
Cuisines: Caribbean, Mexican, Seafood, Bar
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: For food lovers looking for creative Mexican and Caribbean using local and the freshest of ingredients. This restaurant puts out some of the best plates on Isla Mujeres. We also have lots of vegan and gluten free options. Stop by and taste the difference everyday 8am-qpm & 5pm-10:30. Smiling faces await to serve you!
Reviewed September 24, 2013

We went Lola Valentina on our last night on Isla Mujeres. We had an all-inclusive plan at our hotel, but we needed some diversity so we went to nearby Lola Valentina based on the reviews here. We were not disappointed!

First, we were personally served by the owner. Despite being the owner (or maybe because of it) she provided top-notch service at a level you would expect from a Michelin 2-3 star restaurant. Far above and beyond what we have experienced at other top restaurants in Mexico. She also gave us excellent recommendations from the menu and for drinks.

Second, the food was very creative and much better than any other Mexican restaurant I have been to (including in Cozumel). Best in the Caribbean from my experience. I am not saying the Lola V is a candidate for a James Beard award, but the fish was very fresh and perfectly cooked, and the menu was unusual and creative. Try the fried watermelon, it was really good and unusual. They are also very flexible - the owner told me that the Sea Bass was really good,but I wanted the Veracruz Snapper because of the reviews... so she suggested substituting the Sea Bass for the Snapper and it was outstanding. Mixed drinks were my favorite - Lola V mixes flavors that you would not think of, and the results are interesting, tasty and fun. We told the owner the types of drinks we each liked, and she made recommendations that were spot on (unfortunately, I don't remember what we had). All of the drinks we had were one of a kind, never had before.

When we return to Isla Mujeres, we will be visiting Lola V again.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,648)

Reviewed September 20, 2013

We enjoyed a late lunch/dinner at Lola's. The food is fabulous and it was pretty to
look at; like a work of art. Perfection! The Margarita's are to die for; and they are all unique in there own way. YUM!!! This place is a "must" while in Isla Mujeres.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

Ate at Lola Valentina's early in our trip and saved it for our last night too! I had the quesadillas the first visit and the stuffed chicken breast the second time. Everything I ate was delicious! The presentation was as impressive as the food! Both times we got some of their amazing and unique margaritas, I loved the watermelon rosemary and pineapple ginseng. Also enjoyed their guacamole with pineapple. The owner was so kind and you could tell she loves her restaurant and the island. We had a 10 month old baby with us and she even remembered his name after our first visit! This was hand's down the best food and presentation I have had in a long time!

1  Thank Kelly V
Reviewed September 6, 2013

I was drawn in by the margarita choices.....watermelon w jalapeño, watermelon w rosemary, mango w hibiscus, pineapple ginger.....all amazing w a chipotle salted rim. Delicious and different guacamole. Exquisite main dishes to choose from......and the lovely Lolo. I am always thrilled to find a restaurant that picks a couple of things to serve and remains true to that. Most restaurants in isla try to be all things to all people,.....jacks of all trades, masters of none. But not the case at Lolo Valentino

2  Thank sojaxbch
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We always plan a visit to Lola's during our annual mecca to Isla Mujeres. This year we went deep sea fishing and caught a couple of beauties. We took our filets to Lola's whose chef pan seared them with "secret" spices and butter. Perfection! For only $8 USD per person we were served a huge plate of rice and vegetables family style. We loved the preparation so much we went back the next night. Please keep this in mind if you need your fresh catch of the day cooked for your dinner meal. It was a perfect meal. Great ambience and Lola is a great hostess!

1  Thank Curbyderby