“Fabulous!”
Review of Lola Valentina

Lola Valentina
Ranked #13 of 202 Restaurants in Isla Mujeres
Cuisines: Mexican, Caribbean, Latin, Central American
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Kids, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: For food lovers looking for creative Mexican and Caribbean using local and the freshest of ingredients. This restaurant puts out some of the best plates on Isla Mujeres. We also have lots of vegan and gluten free options. Stop by and taste the difference everyday 8am-qpm & 5pm-10:30. Smiling faces await to serve you!
Durham, North Carolina
“Fabulous!”
Reviewed May 7, 2012

The margaritas here are amazing. I had Pineapple Chili and my husband had Strawberry Chipolte. Great flavor combos. The food was wonderful. I had the sea bass. It was a huge portion. Very fresh and good. Great atmosphere. Great service.

Visited May 2012

• Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
Krakow, Poland
“Wonderful Experience”
Reviewed May 7, 2012

I just returned for my annual 6 month residence on Isla and immediately headed to my 2 favorite eateries....Lola Valentina and Mango Cafe.....
Lori has done an outstanding job with her new restaraunt.
Roger,from Sergios Playa Sol was my waiter...a real gentleman and great guy.
I had a watermelon margarita that was very tasty.
For dinner I had the veggie with portabella quesedillas stuffed with cheeses.
The order was very large,enough for 2.
There was a flamenco guitarist who added to the beautiful feel of ambiance.
Lori is always sweet and accomidating .
I will definitely drop in once a week or so to enjoy this great cafe.
I noticed a few negative comments...total opposite feeling when i eat there.
Thanks again Lori and staff!!

• Visited May 2012
Pottstown Pa
“Good”
Reviewed May 6, 2012

First of all we chose this restaurant due to the fact the owner was once the co-owner of Mango Cafe. The food was good. The appetizer " Mexican mushroom fondue" to die for. Black truffle cheesey goodness served with soft tacos. I do not like mushrooms so I was leary of trying it and OMG it was nectar of the gods. I can see why my husband and sister in-law was raving about it. My husband got the sea bass and it was so tender and tasty. My brother got the shrimp and noodles and said it was good. I got the chicken wrapped around chayau (mexican spinach) with cream cheese with a mango sauce accompanied by rice and vegetables. Very good. The service was slow and the owner was a little to chatty about her whole history. To much information. We fed the cats hanging around our table and the location was good with a veiw of Hildago and people watching. Would go back again for the fondue,YUMMY!

• Visited April 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Overpriced and not so great”
Reviewed May 2, 2012 via mobile

We chose this restaurant because the signs said it was by the same people who created Mango Cafe. The service was quite good and there was a very nice guitar player. However, the food wasn't very good and cost way too much. I got the sea bass and my husband got the flautas. (He wanted the enchiladas with mole sauce, but they were out). Both dishes were terribly over-salted and neither of us finished. The flautas were overly greasy as well. To make matters worse, this place is really overpriced!

1 Thank MWhelanPgh
Sudbury, Canada
“Scrambled eggs Benedict??? you have to be kidding”
Reviewed May 1, 2012

Greasy heavy food with lots of calories. Eggs should be poached not badly scrambled. the cause was good. Left most of the food on the plate. Management should be keeping an eye on that and finding out how they can improve service.

• Visited January 2012