Review Highlights
Unique, Traditional Yoga Studio. Truly incredible.

I have been practicing yoga for 15 years and teaching for four. Lal's classes were unique and... read more

Reviewed May 7, 2018
Kelly O
Best yoga experience ever!

Don’t miss the 9:00 AM class with Lal. He is an amazing teacher. This is not your ordinary yoga... read more

Reviewed February 11, 2018
g0negirl
Ottawa, Canada

See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We went for a 5 day "yoga trip". Lorrie and Lal are fantastic teachers and they enhanced my practice greatly. I would definitely recommend them and their school and a peaceful trip to Na Balam.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

I was looking for somewhere to practice yoga in Mexico and came across Lorrie's classes and school by accident. I'm so thankful I did! It was some of the best yoga teaching I have experienced, and I was able to get into positions that I never thought I'd be able too. Lorrie is so calm and encouraging and her teaching style is very traditional and spiritual. I felt a huge sense of emotional release after class, and my body felt relaxed.0, stronger and more toned after i left Isla Mujeres. spent a week practicing twice a day with Lorrie, the classes were small so it felt like 1:1 sessions most of the time. I highly recommend this yoga school to anyone that is looking for a great traditional class and a great teacher. Thanks so much Lorrie, i've continued practicing yoga most days, and i'll be in touch about the mantras. I'm sending a few girls I've met your way! Om shanti

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Lorrie and Lal are truly amazing people and instructors. From the first class (of 5), I was doing yoga poses that I thought would take months of practice to even attempt. I felt an emotional release in that first class that I have never experienced with yoga back at home. Theirs is a holistic teaching method focused on breath, body, light, and presence. It was exactly what I have subconsciously been looking for in a yoga/meditative experience - so much so, that I am on the search for an instructor in Austin that practices this form or something very similar, and I am hoping to do one of Lorrie's teacher training courses in the near future. I would highly recommend these classes to anyone, regardless of ability level (I myself am a beginner and not flexible). I love Isla Mujeres for many reasons, but during this latest trip, my yoga class was definitely the highlight.

1  Thank TaraMaSue
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Small classes, very skillful instructor who brings both knowledge of practice and a spiritual aura to the classes. Highly recommended for students at all levels.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

I did the teacher training last September it was life changing Lal and Lorrie are so loving and kind I can wait to go back couldn't ask for better teachers. Go to Vastu you will be so happy you did :)