“Forget Jacque Cousteau, if you want a locally known explorer go' Garrido”

Scuba Garrido Isla Mujeres
Copenhagen, Denmark
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Forget Jacque Cousteau, if you want a locally known explorer go' Garrido”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

The Garrido's

Arturo

Is the most gentle and kind person of the bunch, he is an excellent diver with and unprecedented number of dives.
He is really helpful with beginners and wants you to be safe.
He will at times also be the Captain on the boat and is quite astonishing at that as well.

Alvaro

There are many things to be said about Alvaro. All of them good.
He brings the joy to the trip, with his great personality and affectionate smile and laughter, you will cheat yourself if you do not meet and dive with him.
He is the best Divemaster I have ever dived with, his ability to spot “invisible” animals are amazing. Forget Jacque Cousteau, if you want a locally known explorer, Alvaro is your best bet.
His ability to have fun underwater is also unique. He is also really good at accommodating all experience levels so even a diver with a few thousand dives gets a unique experience.

Gabby
The Captain.

I have much respect for Gabriel. He is “I believe” the oldest of the brothers and his knowledge is immense. The way he can navigate without using GPS and only land markers is bewildering. Leaving on a boat ride with him you are sure to find a sweet spot. I believe he has spent more awake moments on the water than on land. Gabby has been fishing and navigating the waters outside Isla Mujeres, since he was little - together with the rest of Garrido family - they are a great team to take you under.

The Garrido’s

Are the reason we have been coming back to Mexico 4 times. (Distance from Denmark 5652.69 miles or 9097.12 km:) FYI
My wife and I meet the Garrido’s 6 years ago. We wanted to dive on Isla Mujeres and decided that we would take one dive with them.
We had such a great time that we extended our stay on Isla Mujeres with 3 weeks and went diving 3 times a day. We were sold. Best time of my life.
I can sincerely recommend these guys to everyone.

Visited January 2013
4 Thank Tommy H

brighton
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“The very best on Isla Mujeres”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Have been to Isla Mujeres twice last year & every time i dived with garrido scuba. they are the best on the island. Rates are excellent,family run business. Made scuba diving so easy & smooth. defiantly going back there for all my scuba diving need's. Thanks guys. Hope to see you all soon.

Visited September 2012
2 Thank Gavin M
Tampa, Florida, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“"Always the best dives"”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

I have dove with this family run shop for three years now and every time it was a well planned, beautiful dive. They are very safety minded and I feel very "at ease" with their dive masters. It is always nice to see their smiling faces when I walk up to the shop. I would recommend these brothers to anyone looking for a well run shop with knowledgeable personnel who are fun to be around.

Visited February 2013
3 Thank Nancy L
key west
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“My favorite family dive shop”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

We are so grateful we got hooked up with the Garrido brothers and their excellently ran dive shop. This is a family owned and operated company who strive for customer satisfaction and safety. Within minutes of arriving at Isla Mujeres, we were directed to Scuba Garrido for the best in diving. These guys run a smooth operation and work in tandem to ensure everyone is taken care of. We went on the boat basically every day we were there and dove a total of 7 dives each. Excellent trips that we highly recommend and we will be back in the summer to dive with whale sharks!

Visited December 2012
3 Thank briteside
London, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Just perfect!”
Reviewed December 13, 2012

I went diving twice (two dives each time) with those guys and they are just perfect. They rae super friendly, they care about their customers and they are totally honest about which sites are nice,which are not so nice, the weather conditions and what you might see at each dive. Reasonable prices and they make their very best to accommodate their customers with pics and all. The second two dives were my first time for night diving and it was just perfect. Both times I went with Arturo, diving instructor, and i met many other people who work there. Great staff, excellent service, wonderful friends and they have personal relations with their customers and dont just see you as just another customers. I made new friends there and I surely hope to see them again. Great people, great friends, and most certainly great dives. If I go to isla mujeres again, I have no second thoughts about where Ill dive.

Visited December 2012