“Loved it, my first dive EVER”

Musa Museo Subacuatico de Arte
Book In Advance
More Info
$79.90*
and up
Catamaran Tour to Isla Mujeres and Snorkeling in...
Ranked #2 of 2 Museums in Isla Mujeres
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: MUSA ( The Underwater Museum of Art) is an underwater museum located in the National Marine Park surrounding the Cancun, Isla Mujeres, and Punta Nizuc area. MUSA contains over 500 sculptures of more than six different artists. The sculptures provide areas for coral growth and contribute to give shelter for fish and other organisms. The museum may be viewed by diving, snorkeling, or glass bottom boat through many local authorized marinas."The Art of Conservation" is the reason this Non Profit Organization was created with an effort of the Mexican Federal Government and Cancun Nautical Association. MUSA continues to grow
Reviewed July 26, 2013

WOW, I have never dived before but I had a blast.
Went down for 40 minutes which was my whole tank. I missed a few statues as I was breathing a tiny bit fast, but I'm ok with that, I've never scuba'd before so I'm really happy I had a crack at it :)

Lots of places that take you out and I went for a reef dive after.
I guess it might not be great for experienced/advanced divers but in reality it depends what you want to get out of it. I enjoy that I've never seen this kind of idea ever before, so it is unique. My uncle and sister are experienced divers, and they are JEALOUS because they've seen fish and wrecks and all kinds of things, but never this.

Sure you wouldn't do it twice, but frankly, its an awesome sight to see and is cool for a first dive :)

All reviews
"vw"
in 22 reviews
"aquaworld"

Reviewed July 7, 2013

It is definitely a very unique experience to see the underwater museum that contains a number of sculptures. There really isn't much fish, so if you have been scuba diving before, you will be disappointed. We did see a sea turtle swim by when we moved away from the sculptures which was a surprise. If you have never been scuba diving before and want to do the discover scuba to see if you like scuba diving, then this is for you. You can get experience descending and ascending and see some cool statues underwater. If you have scuba experience and want to dive, then I would skip this one and move on to the reefs and other places Isla offers.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

If you want to look at some mossy cement sculpture, go ahead. Otherwise dive somewhere else. I saw just as many fish snorkeling off the coast on my own, no need to pay.

3  Thank MountainBikeColorado
Reviewed June 13, 2013

You can snorkel or dive this area we chose to dive and beautiful it was wrote my name on the concrete VW's windshield, a lot of work and time went into these sculptures it is a must see!!