“Not your normal dive”

Catamaran Tour to Isla Mujeres and Snorkeling in the Underwater Museum of Art
Ranked #1 of 2 Museums in Isla Mujeres
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: MUSA ( The Underwater Museum of Art) is an underwater museum located in the National Marine Park surrounding the Cancun, Isla Mujeres, and Punta Nizuc area. MUSA contains over 500 sculptures of more than six different artists. The sculptures provide areas for coral growth and contribute to give shelter for fish and other organisms. The museum may be viewed by diving, snorkeling, or glass bottom boat through many local authorized marinas."The Art of Conservation" is the reason this Non Profit Organization was created with an effort of the Mexican Federal Government and Cancun Nautical Association. MUSA continues to grow
Reviewed March 27, 2013

I surely wouldn't come to Cancun to dive this site, but it is certainly worth the time if you're already here. I loved floating among these people, and knowing they are molds of actual locals gives it so much depth. I didn't know there were VW bugs down there, so to see one slowly appear before my eyes was amazing. Since there's not much here to dive for otherwise, this artificial reef was a great idea for all the hordes of tourists that would ruin a real reef anyway.

1  Thank firstmate_diver

Reviewed March 13, 2013

I went out here on a snorkeling tour and saw basically three things: one huge installation of standing human forms, a sunken newer model VW bug, and a set of 4 statues of human forms that were kneeling and had their heads buried in the sand. Our tour guide showed us the three spots and we were done in about 15 minutes! Was their more that we didn't see???

2  Thank SybilS
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I've dived all over the world and this is one of my highlights ! Maybe it was just because it's a change from fish and reefs but it was awesome. We only snorkeled here but even that was sweet as ! Well worth it ! Don't come to the island without going here !

2  Thank Sk0t
Reviewed March 5, 2013

I really enjoyed my dive to the underwater Museum. There was a lot more sea life than I thought I would see down there. While I was on my dive, my wife was uptop snorkeling. This is a definate must see for divers and snorkelers alike.

1  Thank Benton H
Reviewed February 21, 2013

My Wife and I were in Cancun last week and decided to go out with Scuba Cancun to the Museum. We had a great time (50 min BT) and got some great VIDEO. This is a super easy dive, max 32 foot, and some great backdrops.

1  Thank MVInternatinal