“Expected more”

Catamaran Tour to Isla Mujeres and Snorkeling in the Underwater Museum of Art
Ranked #1 of 2 Museums in Isla Mujeres
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: MUSA ( The Underwater Museum of Art) is an underwater museum located in the National Marine Park surrounding the Cancun, Isla Mujeres, and Punta Nizuc area. MUSA contains over 500 sculptures of more than six different artists. The sculptures provide areas for coral growth and contribute to give shelter for fish and other organisms. The museum may be viewed by diving, snorkeling, or glass bottom boat through many local authorized marinas."The Art of Conservation" is the reason this Non Profit Organization was created with an effort of the Mexican Federal Government and Cancun Nautical Association. MUSA continues to grow
Iowa
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 79 helpful votes
“Expected more”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I went out here on a snorkeling tour and saw basically three things: one huge installation of standing human forms, a sunken newer model VW bug, and a set of 4 statues of human forms that were kneeling and had their heads buried in the sand. Our tour guide showed us the three spots and we were done in about 15 minutes! Was their more that we didn't see???

Visited March 2013
2 Thank SybilS

Eltville am Rhein, Germany
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“SO GOOD !!!!”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I've dived all over the world and this is one of my highlights ! Maybe it was just because it's a change from fish and reefs but it was awesome. We only snorkeled here but even that was sweet as ! Well worth it ! Don't come to the island without going here !

2 Thank Sk0t
Dallas, Texas
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Very Awesome”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

I really enjoyed my dive to the underwater Museum. There was a lot more sea life than I thought I would see down there. While I was on my dive, my wife was uptop snorkeling. This is a definate must see for divers and snorkelers alike.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank Benton H
Fort Worth, Texas
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Awesome”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

My Wife and I were in Cancun last week and decided to go out with Scuba Cancun to the Museum. We had a great time (50 min BT) and got some great VIDEO. This is a super easy dive, max 32 foot, and some great backdrops.

1 Thank MVInternatinal
San Clemente, California
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 86 helpful votes
“I just don't get it...”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

We stopped here when the seas were particularly rough one day as something to do rather than risk life and limb in a gale. A bunch of statues in large blocks and strange poses in an otherwise unimpressive underwater landscape. I just don't get it.

1 Thank Paul K