“Really Cool”

Catamaran Tour to Isla Mujeres and Snorkeling in the Underwater Museum of Art
Ranked #1 of 2 Museums in Isla Mujeres
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: MUSA ( The Underwater Museum of Art) is an underwater museum located in the National Marine Park surrounding the Cancun, Isla Mujeres, and Punta Nizuc area. MUSA contains over 500 sculptures of more than six different artists. The sculptures provide areas for coral growth and contribute to give shelter for fish and other organisms. The museum may be viewed by diving, snorkeling, or glass bottom boat through many local authorized marinas."The Art of Conservation" is the reason this Non Profit Organization was created with an effort of the Mexican Federal Government and Cancun Nautical Association. MUSA continues to grow
Hood River, Oregon
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Really Cool”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

The day we went snorkeling I didn't know that the museum was going to be part of the day. After seeing photos of the area I thought saving that day for a dive trip to be able to get up close and personal would be best. Well, I'm glad I was able to experience it on a snorkel trip first because I don't think I would want to waste a dive time on something that shallow. You really can see it well from above and because it's so shallow there, a quick dive down will put you face to face with this great set of statues.

Visited February 2013
2 Thank echosalvaje

Cancun, Mexico
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Most amazing dive site”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

I love this place, it's one of the most amazing dives I've done so far. I really recommend it for SCUBA diving even though I've seen people snorkeling too. The artwork is impressive and its all for a greater cause. Absolutely a Must-do in Cancun.

4 Thank Diazfer
Iowa City, Iowa
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Very Nice Worth Seeing”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We did one of our required dives for our PADI cert and is a very nice place. The VW is pretty neat, Hemingway is pretty cool, and the scenery is worth seeing.

1 Thank Cudagirl69
Mooresville, North Carolina
109 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 129 helpful votes
“Water was choppy but still great sightseeing!”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

If you have a chance to see the Underwater Museum, GO!! The statues are so cool to see. We visited a year ago on our Isla visit and just returned again & it was interesting to see how much the statues had changed over time. Words don't accurately describe it, you just have to see it!

1 Thank Amy T
key west
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Super cool, kinda creepy”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

This was an amazing dive and a must do when you are in the area. I was waiting at any moment for the statues to open their eyes at me! They are very realistic and on our night dive here I was hanging out with a huge black grouper.