“Scuba Diving and watching underwater museum”

Musa Museo Subacuatico de Arte
Catamaran Tour to Isla Mujeres and Snorkeling in the Underwater Museum of Art
Ranked #1 of 2 Museums in Isla Mujeres
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: MUSA ( The Underwater Museum of Art) is an underwater museum located in the National Marine Park surrounding the Cancun, Isla Mujeres, and Punta Nizuc area. MUSA contains over 500 sculptures of more than six different artists. The sculptures provide areas for coral growth and contribute to give shelter for fish and other organisms. The museum may be viewed by diving, snorkeling, or glass bottom boat through many local authorized marinas."The Art of Conservation" is the reason this Non Profit Organization was created with an effort of the Mexican Federal Government and Cancun Nautical Association. MUSA continues to grow
Calgary, Canada
104 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“Scuba Diving and watching underwater museum”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Even if someone isn't a fan of museums, the combination of a a speed boat ride, scuba dive fun, swimming with beautiful fish, and scratching the coral decorated ocean floor in the clear, warm, aquamarine waters of this Underwater museum will make the whole trip worth taking

Visited November 2012

Saskatoon, Canada
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 74 helpful votes
“sureal experience”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

We dove this site with nautilus, and in all honesty I can see why someone snorkeling would find it unremarkable. Down at the bottom viewing the statues one can see the shapes, yes covered with a couple of years of ocean growth but not enough to be coral, the area is still very different and interesting, it does bring to mind the terra cotta warriors but is designed to be more in tune with the ocean. The statues you see on the net were photos taken at the time of placing the artwork, so no they no longer resemble the original photos they have become part of the ocean and are begining to teem with life. The new section of statues recently sunk are very clear and similar to the visuals you will find on the net

Visited October 2012
4 Thank NoelleShivak
London, United Kingdom
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“Really interesting!”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

I went scuba diving and found this place really interesting! have never seen anything like it before and although it is man made it seems to blend in really well with fish and coral living happily amongst the statues. We only dived around the main part which was where most of the statues are located as well as a beetle car and a phone. The statues are slightly eerie but fascinating! I loved this and wish we had more time on the dive to explore more of it! probably would be rubbish if you snorkelled though as the museum is on the sea bed which is 10 metres deep!

Visited August 2012
3 Thank JHealy2010
Los Angeles, California
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Probably Better If You Scuba”
Reviewed August 24, 2012

My husband and I did this about two weeks ago and I wouldn't really call it a "museum" per se. There were a couple VWs, a large box (looked like a vampire bed to me, but most likely that's not what it was at all lol), maybe a few other things (the visibility wasn't the best at that time) and then the statues. We were snorkeling so we couldn't really get the full effect from the surface. There was one statue that looked up at you and it looked exactly like Forest Whitaker. Kinda creepy. I guess if you scuba dive you can see it a lot better, get some pics, and get more out of it. Maybe. It was cool to see and if I hadn't gone I would have wished I did, but I don't think I'll go again.

Visited August 2012
3 Thank FashionTravelLove
aussie travelling
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 75 helpful votes
“Do NOT be fooled, this is Crap, seriously WORST thing I have ever done”
Reviewed July 27, 2012

This is the worst thing I have ever paid for and done anyway. First of all, what you see online and what you see in reality are two different things, this is no exception. This is like when you meet a 'hot' chick online and when you meet in real life it turns out shes just good at employing different camera angles and professional photographers.

The whole snorkelling was over with in a matter of minutes, we saw one vw beetle and a couple of chessboard looking stage areas with what looked like really crap terrocotta warrior style statues.

Thats it? I asked. Afterall when I googled it and read about it online, it was amazing. Rest assured, its rubbish. The only savior of the whole experiance was the jet boat ride, if it was not for that, I would of demanded my money back. The jet boat experiance made the day not be a total rip off but I came here to snorkel and see a vast, awesome underwater museum, the jet boat should of been a nice add on not the highlight (only one) of the day.

No one on the boat enjoyed the snokelling, no one and when I asked if anyone else had seen any sculptures or underwater museum pieces that I had not, no one had.

Honestly, please do us both a favor and DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS PLACE!!!!

Visited March 2012