Review Highlights
Whale Shark Tour

Great trip, swam with MNAY whale sharks. Very well pried. Went to beautiful beach and they made us... read more

Reviewed November 7, 2018
Dan S
Austin, Texas
Snorkeling

Captain Tony was excellent. He was very kind and made sure we had a good time. It was very... read more

Reviewed July 22, 2018

from $49.99
from $520.00
from $128.50
More Info
All reviews guacamole whale sharks fish life jackets el farito snorkeling tour great trip beautiful beach punta sur passengers capitan water reef ocean island fins creatures
Reviewed August 15, 2017 via mobile

Came to Isla to experience the amazing vibe. Wanted to experience the whale shark swim and after lots of research opted for capt. tony.
Best choice I have every made.
The guy is so nice.
The trip was awesome.
Whale sharks were incredible, if you go in season you MUST experience this.
Thanks a million tony.

Date of experience: August 2017
Reviewed August 2, 2017

The night before I had some anxiety about the idea of an hour-long ride into the open ocean on a vessel that was capped 10 passengers. Was it safe? Was I getting my family up at 7 am to ride into danger?

My middle-of-the-night panic was unnecessary. From the moment we met up with Captain Tony in town and had him calmly assess our sizes and provide wetsuits, to the moments we hopped off the boat and said our goodbyes, we felt completely safe, cared for and in good hands.

One of our party of four did get seasick, as did a couple of people in the other party. There was also an inexperienced individual who sustained an injury during some confusion - and I think probably nervousness and excitement - around entry into the water.

My suggestions: even if you think you don't get seasick, take a Dramamine the night before and one first thing in the morning on the day of your trip. It's okay to be a little drowsy, you're not driving the boat and the sharks don't swim fast, so you won't need to be at the "top of your game" to enjoy it. But you will NOT enjoy it if you're dealing with motion sickness.

Even if you don't want to do it for yourself, do it for the other people who also paid for this tour with you. When you're sick, it has an impact on the other folks on the boat. For those not sick it was nice because we got some extra time in the water, but the suffering of the others does put a damper the experience.

I would also suggest NOT taking the boat ride when you're hungover...an hour of driving at full speed on a small boat through the waves is no place to be if you drank a lot the night before.

Always listen to the boat captain and pause and ask for clarification if you don't understand, both for your safety and the safety of the whale sharks and the other members of the tour. No need to rush. But you do need to be comfortable maneuvering your body off the side of a boat and up boat ladders.

If you pay attention, listen, be thoughtful enough to take dramamine, and remain open to safe adventure, you and your fellow whale sharks tours can have a great time! The sharks are magnificent and you really do get pretty close to them. Be present and enjoy!

Other awesome features of the outing:
* the most delicious cooler sandwiches we've ever eaten. Either they were incredible or we were just starving after the trip.
* cold sodas and waters available
* before you end, after you get back to Isla Mujeres, they pull the boat up in to the clear shallow waters of Play Norte and anchor for awhile. You can stand in the water and swim around and Captain Tony makes amazing ceviche for your on the boat. GREAT end to a great day!

Date of experience: July 2017
Reviewed July 20, 2017

We booked with Captain Tony to go on a Whale Shark tour for myself and 2 teenage sons. He did a great job for us. We were on a boat with 7 other people. The crew and the captain were fabulous. We got to swim with the whale sharks twice. It is amazing the first time you get in the water with them. The crew member who swam with us made sure we were safe and made sure we got up and personal with the whales. After the whale shark portion, we went snorkeling, and then into a bay near north beach. There we could swim and the crew made us ceviche and guacamole. Yum!

Captain Tony was awesome. He made sure we were taken care of. He communicated clearly through emails and texts. He made sure we had a wonderful experience.

Thanks captain Tony. We had a great experience and wonderful memories!!

Date of experience: June 2017
Reviewed March 9, 2017 via mobile

Booked with Captain Tony for a trip over to Isla Contoy. Captain Tony was great, he goes out early so you are the first to arrive. There were 8 of us on the island for about an hour and it was so nice and secluded. The lunch he and his brother prepare are great, I'm still thinking about his fruit salsa! He gave options for a snorkeling area and although I didn't go in, my husband said he couldn't believe how many fish they saw including a nurse shark. This is by no means a leisurely boat ride. This is a small boat for an hour ride. You will get soaked but he does have rain coats and gives everyone a garbage to put there stuff in. For me, it was the farthest thing from a relaxing boat ride. He's very experienced but just be aware this isn't a big boat

Date of experience: February 2017
1  Thank roxie144
Reviewed March 1, 2017

We booked with Captain Tony last July. Our family of 6 had an amazing experience with Tony, his brother and Tony's daughter. We swam with so many whale sharks... it was an experience of a lifetime! Tony was so cautious and careful with my little kids. The fresh guacamole and ceviche they made was amazing! We even went another day snorkeling with Tony and his brother. They knew the perfect spots for seeing sea turtles and wonderful fish and other marine life. Highly recommend Tony!

Date of experience: July 2016