Review Highlights

Snorkeling

Reviewed July 22, 2018
Clyde G
via mobile

All reviews guacamole whale sharks felt completely safe swim fast long ride fish life jackets el farito snorkeling tour punta sur seasick passengers capitan motion waves dramamine water
Reviewed 1 week ago

Great trip, swam with MNAY whale sharks. Very well pried. Went to beautiful beach and they made us fresh ceviche and guacamole. I'd go again, very well priced.

Reviewed July 22, 2018 via mobile

Captain Tony was excellent. He was very kind and made sure we had a good time. It was very reasonably priced and very private. We took a group of 4. He was very knowledgeable because he was raised in the islands. I would highly recommend Tony.

1  Thank Clyde G
Reviewed June 19, 2018

Unfortunately our ill-timed trip to Isla Mujeres was during a days long rain event. We were unable to go and see the whale sharks, which I have been looking forward to for years. But I wanted to give captain tony a good review for being so communicative. I look forward to seeing whale sharks with him someday.

1  Thank thisiskbass
Reviewed June 12, 2018

Tony's tour was everything we wanted and more. Got to get incredibly close to whale sharks. His boat takes around 6-8 people, so you take turns with 2 people jumping in the water at a time. We got about 3 jumps each with the whale sharks. Afterward, he took us to a really cool snorkeling spot where we saw tons of wildlife (nurse sharks, pufferfish, lobster).

The boat ride back we were served fresh fruit and ceviche for lunch (sandwiches were also available). I also liked that we were provided fins and wetsuits without charge. Just be sure to tip the crew at the end for their awesome service! Highly recommended.

Reviewed June 5, 2018 via mobile

My wife and I came to the island for our 20 anniversary. We went out with Tony and his crew and had an amazing time swimming with the whale sharks and snorkeling at a reef. They were all very professional and personable.
I would definitely recommend going out with these guys!

Reviewed March 15, 2018

8 of us set off to snorkel. Capitan Tony and his crew worked with us to make sure that first time snorkelers as well as experienced felt comfortable in the water, had well fitting life jackets and gear and had a lot of great things to see. Their was a guide with us in the water and he got a lot of fish to come our way. :) The colors and types were amazing. We had booked the three hour tour with several locations but the winds were high so Capitan Tony offered to reduce it to a two hour tour and charge us less which was much appreciated. His English is very good and he told us some very interesting stories about his time on Isla. We loved the experience and highly recommend it to others. Also, he gave us some suggestions for other things to see and do.

Reviewed February 4, 2018

Had a great snorkeling trip with Captain Tony! He is kind and cautious, so the weather has to be just right before he will take you out. El Farito was the first stop and there were a lot of fish to see. We also went to the underwater museum (MUSA) with the statues but there weren't many fish or coral there. My wife really enjoyed the ride back along the coast from Punta Sur to Playa Norte. I highly recommend Captain Tony!

Reviewed November 14, 2017

Tony is a local guy who knows the island best, let him be your guide!! He will show you the island like no one else can! He is most experienced and safe and you will be sure to have fun!!!

Reviewed September 15, 2017

Captain Tony loves the ocean and the creatures that live there. That was very obvious in all the dealings we had with him. On the ride back we spoke of commercial operations that have all but wiped out various sea creatures, like the Conch. He had us swim out with the whale sharks 2 at a time to keep everything safe. I highly recommend looking him up on your next visit.

Reviewed August 16, 2017

I don't know why anyone would book a whale shark adventure with anyone other than Capitan Tony. Tony is so knowledgeable and experienced that he made the entire day amazing and memorable. He was easy to communicate with prior to the excursion, and once we arrived, he made sure that every detail was taken care of. He and the crew of the boat were so conscientious of our surroundings and the sharks that the swim was wonderful. We stayed in the area for longer so that everyone on our boat had the opportunity to get in the water with the sharks at least four times. While other tours were clearly not following the same basic rules, our crew and Capitan Tony made sure that the passengers on the boat and the sharks were all respected. This is a bucket list item, so being with the best assured us that we would have a great experience. Following the swim, Tony and crew anchored at North Beach and served us fresh ceviche, guacamole, and fruit. It was such a great day, and one we will never forget. I will recommend Capitan Tony to everyone I know!

2  Thank Kristi K