“I am down with Dulche's!!! AWESOME experience!”

Captain Dulche's Museum
Ranked #12 of 46 things to do in Isla Mujeres
More attraction details
Owner description: Isla Mujeres Museum Capitan Dulche.This Museum is dedicated in loving memory of Captain Ernesto Dulche Escalante, founder or the 5th Naval Region (Isla Mujeres). Captain Dulche´s Maritime Museum treasures a big part of Isla Mujeres history, this is documented in a great photo collection of over 150 that have never been seen before. The Museum also contains an excellent collection of anchors, buoys, chains and lanterns, maritime tools and two projection rooms, showing one video of the famous mexican diver Ramon Bravo and the even more famous Jacques Cousteau. It also has the largest collection of model ships and metates in the whole mexican caribbean.
Asheville, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“I am down with Dulche's!!! AWESOME experience!”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I am so happy we stumbled upon this lil slice of awesomeness one morning. The wildlife, museum, furniture, beach, swimming, exploring, drinks, service and snorkeling were outstanding....actually some of the nicest snorkeling I have experienced on the island. We went with our friends who had a 2yr old and we were just searching for some breakfast...The food was good...nothing spectacular but not bad. Nap time for the baby arrived at 1pm and we chose to stay behind. We ended up staying all day and watched the sunset there. It is a beautiful spot with lots to offer. Take your snorkeling gear if you have it and get ready to do some awesome snorkeling or resting, or drinking, shelling, sight seeing, or talking to macaw's, or playing with your kids, or hanging with your people...etc. It pretty much has it all. As far as the food goes...well...you can't win em all. So I suggest sticking with the basic's...guac, quesadilla, chips n salsa....I had all of these here and they were good and fresh. My partner and I come to Isla about 3 times a year and every time we come we head to Dulche's and have not been disappointed yet. Enjoy!

Visited February 2012
3 Thank callie o
CapitanDulche, General Manager at Captain Dulche's Museum, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Dear Callie O,

Thank you very much for your amazing review. Were are more than delighted to know that you had such a great time at Captain Dulché not for the first but for the third time!

It will be our great pleasure to welcome you back soon for your fourth visit!

Maria Paz Romeu

Isla Mujeres, Mexico
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“You have to check out this place”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

The museum tour (free if you have a few drinks at the bar) is definitely worth the trip to this great hangout. The museum tour is extensive and air conditioned. It focuses mainly on the Mexican's Navy's history on the island and is fascinating. I thought myself a bit of an island history guy, but I did not know half the stuff they had in there. A must do!

Visited September 2012
2 Thank IslaMujeres1
Placencia, Belize
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“What a great relaxing day...”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Beautiful bar and restaurant area is gorgeous. Wish they were open for Dinner! The lunch was very good, though a little spendy & small portions. the Water was decent but a bit rocky in places. Overall a really nice change from North Beach and a beautiful setting..

Visited July 2012
2 Thank DannynJill
Annandale
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Surprise”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

My wife and I drove by the spot. I thought what the heck, lets go look. Drove down the steep hill and it was walking into the show blue lagoon. Only one other couple there. Beach was gorgoues. This is a must see.

Visited March 2012
2 Thank Brian W
Darien,Connecticut
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“very relaxing”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Once again we had a very pleasant and relaxing late afternoon brunch on the deck @ Captain Dulche. The view is spectacular, the staff friendly and the table big enough to hold four luncheon services.Food & drinks are good & reasonably priced. The umbrellas provide much needed shade. We did not use the beach, but it appeared clear and refreshing, & there was no surcharge. They have some of the best bathrooms on the Island. During low season the Museum had posted hours only on the even hour.

Visited August 2012