“The place for live music on Isla”
Review of La Terraza

La Terraza
Ranked #110 of 211 Restaurants in Isla Mujeres
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner
Description: Mexican bar and grill.
Reviewed March 19, 2013

A nice mix of locals and tourists, La Terraza gives the feeling of a bar who likes to cater to both. We really liked the salsa band that plays Monday and Tuesday there. Staff is freindly. Try to get a seat behind the band on the deck, the fresh air and nice views plus the ban cant be best.

There are newer reviews for La Terraza

Reviewed March 15, 2013

We wanted to grab a quick dinner while we were downtown, and hadn't tried this restaurant yet, so we made it our choice. It is on an upper level under a palapa and open-air, so there is wonderful people watching from up there. My son had the chicken flautas and they were good - and lots of them. He has a large appetite and was full. I had plantains stuffed with cheese - a local specialty I have not tried before, as I have not seen it offered in the restaurants. It was good, and very filling. We had good service, the food was good, and the prices were very reasonable, and we enjoyed people watching. We didn't stay late, but they have live music and dancing most nights after 9PM. The only negative was the bartender (right across from our table) smoking cigarettes right at the bar. The island has a no-smoking indoors policy now and it is rare that we are bothered with smoke during dinner. It was sad to be bothered by it from an employee. I would have rated them excellent had it not been for that.

1  Thank Kathryn_in_MN
Reviewed March 13, 2013

While walking by this place, I heard a Latin jazz/techno fusion version of "Riders on the Storm" coming from this bar. As a huge Morrison fan, I stopped in my tracks on Hildalgo and my boyfriend and I made a beeline to the first open table we could find and were hook on La Terraza from that day!!! The first artist we heard was local performer Jesus Campuzano....who covered "Riders" magnificently, but then BLEW US AWAY with his composed music!!! He has talent like I've never seen!!!!!

We ended up at La Terraza EVERY night we were on the island because the live music that is blaring from this place night after night is like a siren that lures you in and you just can't get enough!!! We heard live music from bands that played a huge variety of music: Cuban, Salsa, Reggae ska, etc...

The music is great and even though the dance floor is small, everyone makes it work. We saw some impressive dancing at this place. The whole place just has a cool, chill vibe that is great to be a part of.

The coconut mojitos are killer. A must have.

Sadly, we were always showing up late in the evening for the music and didn't ever eat here. :( NEXT TIME!!!!!

Reviewed March 6, 2013

The bands that play here are awesome. Great, fun spot to meet people, listen to live music, enjoy bar food. Recommend as a post dinner spot.

Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

We went here last night and had a awesome time. I got a local girl to dance with me a show me the steps. Lots of fun, will go back again. Different types of music on each night. I really enjoyed the ginger margaritas