“Excellent Seafood”

La Terraza
Ranked #104 of 220 Restaurants in Isla Mujeres
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night
Description: Mexican bar and grill.
Reviewed December 21, 2012

nice little spot. you can sit outside and enjoy the sunset. there is live music and the food and drinks are great. Cost is very inexpensive for the food you get. You can see the fishermen bringing in the catch of the day as your waiting for your plate to arrive.. walking distance to ferry is a plus!

Reviewed December 5, 2012

This is the hot spot at night on Isla Mujeres. Great drinks, the balcony overlooks the main street in town, and the music is always great. They played live salsa when I was there, and the local people dance. It's pretty sweet.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

A local recommended this place, and I'm glad we went. La Terraza has a great view of Avenida Hidalgo; if you can snag one of the tables right above the street, the people-watching is perfect. My husband and I enjoyed the appetizers although we didn't have a full meal. The mixed drinks were OK but I was really impressed by the sangrita shots that you can get with your tequila--the best sangrita I have had. Sipping it with good tequila and gazing down on the twinkling lights of Hidalgo made for an ideal island evening. The only two downsides are the prices--the drinks can really add up here--and the seats, which are less than comfortable after 45 minutes or so.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

Was walking by and realized this looks like one of my favorite bars in the USVIs! Went in and the atmosphere was perfect island chill.... beer was cold, people friendly, watching the folks pass by on the street below made for great people watching. Best sign it was a decent bar: my friends and I kept going back.

Reviewed November 29, 2012

Happy find - one of those places where we just walked by, and turned back a few moments later because we just had to try it.

and I was glad we did. Great margaritas, and tasty bar food. Totally laid back, yet good energy and vibe.

Really nothing to complain.